The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
2016/2017 SPDC JOINT VENTURE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD SCHEME
Who Can Apply
- The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM)
1.) National Merit Award (NM)
- Is open to all Nigerians.
2.) Areas of Operation Merit Award, (OM)
- For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
Eligible Applicants Must
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited course in an NUC approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2015/2016 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full-time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
1.) Every applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
2.) Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply. Scanned copies of the following documents should be attached to the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Jamb Score
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
3.) Applicants for the Operational Area Award must also upload Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM).
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
Application Closing Date: 2nd December, 2016
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Each scanned document size must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPEG.
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online Such websites will ask you to pay for the programme, in some cases, even before submitting their application. These are completely faux sites which should be avoided.