Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following position
Title: Front End Project Well / Snr Well Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Skill Group: Wells
Reference ID: 2080BR
- Responsible for planning wells to achieve Best in Class performance and production rate in Bonga Southwest and Bonga North projects while maintaining the Health Safety and Enviroment safe practices.
- Ensuring adherence to the Global Well Delivery Process (and rDtL methodology) and effectively manage theinterface between the various stakeholders.
- Develop and own the well cost and schedule estimate appropriate to the project phase using internal, regional and global data for top quartile benchmarks.
- Provide Wells input to various project deliverables and control documents- including but not limited to Field Development Plan, Basis for Design, Value Improvement plan, Management of Change, Well Proposals,Environmental Impact Assessment, Risk and Opportunity register, Interface management.
- Champion the company Wells Design Standard to ensure standardization of well concept and interchangeability of equipment across the project.
- Provide technical input to the selection of appropriate rig selection to carry out the well execution program. This includes technical justification for top hole drilling vessel and upper completion opportunities.
- Provide support to various technical tenders, develop the technical specification and progress the following specialized tenders from tender initiation to contract award: Intelligent Wells products and services, Expandable Completion products, OCTG Production and Injection Tubing and Sand Exclusion Screens.
- Coach and mentor younger Wells staff in the Well Delivery Process in accordance with the Wells Framework
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10-12 years Well Engineering experience with at least 3 years in completions
- Demonstrated success in a technical Deep Water Drilling/CWI position is required
- Skill in floating, DeepWater Well operations
- Skill in DeepWater Well design & programming and the application of DCAF.
- Experience in operations logistics and materials
- Knowledge of the application of QA/QC processes and procedures.
- Good working knowledge and experience with the standard suite of well engineering software including:
Closing Date: 13-Nov-2013
Click here to apply