Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Occupational Health Physician
Ref No: 84022BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Provide competent resource for incidents/accidents reporting/investigations
- Participate in HSSE audits
- Occupational Health support to Asset and Project teams
- Medical Emergency Response planning and full implementation.
- Carry out Medical evaluation of Fitness-To-Work and applicable Health Surveillance activities for staff, contractors and selected third parties where indicated and manage Shell Global Health Information system – oneHealthIT
- Coordinate implementation of Occupational Health Management System (OHMS)
- Corporate focal point for implementation of Human Factors Engineering
- Focal person for implementation of alcohol and drugs policy/programme covering all work locations including contractors.
- The Shell Medical team is a diverse group of highly trained Medical professionals responsible for delivering world class services.
- Working in a conducive environment with well-equipped facilities, the Occupational Health Physician will coordinate and manage implementation of occupational health services, programmes and standards for SPDC.
- Implement the Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Social Performance (HSSE & SP) control Framework manuals for SPDC
- Supervise work of Environmental Health Officers, Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator, Occupational Hygienist and Health Impact Assessment support staff
- Coordinate Shell Health Wellness program – Human Performance and Care, Expert resource on Occupational Health issues including health promotion
- Performance Monitoring & Reporting Health data to Line HSE Systems and focal points with support to incident classification – Total Recordable Occupational Illness Frequency (TROIF), FACs, Health Safety and Environment Dashboard health items etc.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS/ MBBCh)
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with diverse population would be an advantage
- Must have completed the Nigeria National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- A Physician with postgraduate professional qualification in Occupational Health with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience in the practice of Occupational Medicine
- Managerial/supervisory experience with clear business focus
- Leadership & Coaching experience
- Change management experience
- Cost-aware / budget management experience
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th July, 2018.