Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Chemist – Wells Reservoir and Facility Management
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reference ID: 131490BR
Employment: Type Full Time
Skillpool: Production Technology & ProductionChemistry
- Your oil industry experience and chemistry expertise could take you further in this influential role with Shell – a chance to grow as a leader and broaden your production chemistry competences.
Where you fit in
- We work as one team and are committed to excellence.
- We are accountable for our work and above all, we work hard to get the job done.
- We are passionate about innovation and driving positive change.
What’s the role?
- On a day-to-day basis, you will be supporting Wells Reservoir and Facility Management (WRFM), oil and gas production optimization and restoration activities. You will be developing and implementing specialized and routine fluid sampling and testing programs.
- You will be challenged with safe execution of chemistry related activities and managing stakeholders in a challenging operating environment.
You’ll be expected to:
- Provide chemistry inputs in production optimization and restoration activities as part of SPDC integrated WRFM) Team;
- Provide Production Chemistry solutions in support of oil & gas production operations;
- Provide flow assurance solutions to mitigate wax, scale, asphaltene, foaming, emulsion and other process chemistry challenges in oil & gas production operations;
- Support Terminal export capability by treating emulsion at designated flow stations;
- Assure the quality of production chemicals deployed in the Asset;
- Support Green House Gas monitoring and reasonable assurance compliance.
It’s a refreshingly collaborative role, as well as cultivating professional working relationships. You’ll work closely with production chemical suppliers and other vendors providing chemistry related service.
What we need from you:
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills with awareness of relevant safety procedures, practices and statutory requirements. A professional with awareness of HSE, QMS (ISO/IEC 17025) and other relevant management systems. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- University graduate or equivalent in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related disciplines;
- Good understanding of hydrocarbon and produced water treatment, produced fluid sampling and testing;
- Knowledge level in Process Chemistry, flow Assurance and Production Operations;
- HSE Management Systems, Quality Management Systems, Contracting and Chemical Management Systems;
- Awareness in produced fluids sampling and analysis
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Process Chemistry and Flow Assurance within the oil & gas industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020.