Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Chemist – Lab Services
Reference ID: 131494BR_EN
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment: Type Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- Bring us your production chemist expertise. We’ll explore a world of opportunities where our global scale and business diversity give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, enabling you to continuously grow your career.
Where you fit in
- Expect lots of support and encouragement while you’re here. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them.
- We value career growth. You’ll have limitless opportunities to explore – whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking your career in a different direction.
What’s the Role?
- We’ll entrust you with supervising the production chemistry lab operations, in support of Production operations, Wells Reservoir and Facility Management, Health Safety Environment, hydrocarbon reconciliation, remediation and oil spill response etc.
You’ll be expected to:
- Manage production chemistry labs to deliver quality data within agreed turn-around-time
- Review interpretations, recommendations and approve lab results
- Sustain utilization of SampleManager Laboratory Information Management System
- Maintain applicable certifications for all labs
- Ensure analysis are performed according to relevant reference standards
- Conduct internal quality audits, quality control checks and implement corrective actions
- Sustain 90% lab equipment availability through routine maintenance and calibration
- Perform chemical management system audits and drive continuous improvement
- Manage HSSE in lab operations
- Co-ordinate the standardization of reagents and applicable consumables
- Update test procedures and work instructions in line with approved document change control procedure
Naturally, you’re the kind of person who manages the production chemistry labs to deliver quality data, maintaining the applicable certifications for all labs and sustaining equipment availability through routine maintenance. You will also be conducting internal quality audits, control checks and implement corrective actions.
What we need from you:
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who possess good leadership, investigative and interpersonal skills. A professional with awareness of relevant safety procedures, practices and statutory requirements. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- University graduate in Sciences; preferably Chemistry;
- Significant experience in production chemistry area with skill in analytical chemistry;
- working experience in ISO/IEC17025 preferably as a Quality Manager and/or lead assessor.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Process Chemistry and Flow Assurance within the oil & gas industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020.