Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Cost Estimator Engineer
Reference ID: 108936BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Skillpool group: Project Engineering
- To deliver and maintain standard, consistent and realistic cost estimates reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- Methodologies and tools for Cost Estimates – Utilize cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates (Type-0&1) inclusive of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up scope and costs. Incorporate project complexity factors into project estimates and assemble key input data such as project objectives, scope and execution plan. Formulate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters. Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project risks. Support reviews and assurance of cost estimates. Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Assess prospect scope and main components to develop consistent “”building block”” estimates (Type-2) for each concept under consideration.
- Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours (Type-3). Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances. Support type 4 estimates with variations estimate and claims
- Manage Estimating Data – Support process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information. Support process to store Estimate files in a consistent, secure location.
- Utilize Technical, Economical, Commercial, Organizational & Political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency.
- Support development of “probabilistic cost analysis”
- Work with the Risk Management team to develop appropriate Cost Risk Models.
- Develop Estimate Plan detailing how the estimate will be developed.
- Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
- Shell Projects & Technology Project Services organization is part of the Project Management function and provides steer and guidance for the organization to develop credible, competitive and ingenious solutions across the four key Project Services disciplines of Risk Management, Cost Estimation, Cost Engineering and Planning/Scheduling across the Businesses.
- These project services capabilities are provided on a global and integrated basis contribute to top quartile project delivery performance.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Fully versed with Cost Estimating principles, techniques and industry standard tools.
- Good understanding of all phases of the project delivery process.
- Engineering or Quantity Surveying Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years industry experience including lead estimator positions.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2019.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.