Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people. This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Drilling Supervisor – 4 Positions
Job ID: F36166
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Achieve goal zero on his rig by enforcing the applicable HSE rules and procedures,intervening in case of breech,working the rig HSE case,ensuring timely reporting and investigation of incidents,reinforcing Hazard identification and prevention,building staff HSE awareness.
- Maintain well control at all times by ensuring personnel is conversant with kick detection techniques and well closing in procedures and BOP equipment is certified maintained and tested.
- Delivering wells on time and to the required quality standards.
- Track daily costs and take necessary action to deliver well within budget.
- Translate drilling program into detailed instructions for contractors and service companies.
- Coordinate intervention of various contractors and service companies intervening on the rig site.
- Compiling daily drilling report and other required specific reports.
- Identifying ideas to improve performance and communicating them to the SDE for inclusion in drilling program.
- Timely ordering of services and equipment and QA/QC when delivered on site.
- A professional engineer with a university degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in well delivery function, commercial and contracting and technology activities
- Valid IWCF certification
- Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of drilling practices and well control principles and techniques.
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
Application Closing Date
Friday 30th August 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online