Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position of Principal Cost Engineer. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
SPDC has more than 6,000 kilometres of pipelines and flowlines, 87 flowstations, 8 gas plants and more than 1,000 producing wells. The company employs more than 4,500 people directly of whom 95 per cent are Nigerians. Some 66 per cent of the Nigerian staff members are from the Niger Delta. Another 20,000 people are employed indirectly through the network of companies that provide supplies and services
Job Title: Principal Cost Engineer
Job ID: F30478
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in a project environment in the E&P business. Working knowledge of cost estimating including estimating systems,tools and practices. Good inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- In view of the profile of Shell Projects, this level of position requires a mature professional with a combination of good technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of and demonstrable hands-on experience in all functional aspects of Cost Engineering including estimating,budgeting,forecasting,commitment control,change control, variations, contract management, and/or claims analysis.
- Proven competence in hands-on use of at least one well-known Project Cost Estimating & Control Software in addition to a well-known general ledger system is essential (hands-on experience with the SAP Project System Module is most desirable but not a pre-requisite).
- Skilled in MS applications, especially Excel.
- Demonstrable experience in the ability to prepare meaningful reports,in clear and concise English,utilizing information and data received from third parties,SAP (or equivalent system) and own analyses.
- Ability to work cohesively and communicate effectively in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences. Tact, teamwork, and diplomacy are of the essence.
- A university degree or HND in Engineering, Science or Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in a project environment in the E&P business.
Monday 09 July 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online