SHIFT is a non-partisan organization that builds support for transformative leaders in communities across the nation. Launched in June 2018, we are Nigerians from all over the nation and around the world. We come from diverse religions, ethnicities, and professional backgrounds, such as technology, media, law, consulting, oil & gas, legal, NGOs, and many more.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
- SHIFT Nigeria is in search of a State Coordinator to help localize our programs and initiatives in Benue state. This is a paid position located in Benue State, Nigeria.
- Design and develop systems and best practices for recruiting volunteers, supporting volunteer leaders, and the teams they’re building in communities
- Develop and implement strategies, and tactics with core partners to achieve the greatest success in mobilizing and organizing volunteers
- Develop and launch SHIFT hubs in your state.
- Meet established metrics and engagement goals; track progress to goals and monitor the success of the engagement program
- Support other SHIFT programs and teams on special projects related to the development and implementation of campaigns
- Work with other SHIFT programs on meeting volunteer and fundraising goals
- Manage SHIFT’s programs and develop new opportunities to deliver it in communities
- Work alongside SHIFT HQ to recruit Volunteer Coordinators in all SHIFT Hubs and support development of new Volunteer Coordinators
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / HND qualification
- Love for Country and your community.
- A minimum of one year of organizing experience; with an emphasis on managing volunteers.
- Ability to travel around your state or to neighbouring states when necessary
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (SHIFT is still very much a startup)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High level of comfort with using technology to support organizing (Google Tools, email platforms, social media platforms, etc)
- Experience with both digital and grassroots organizing is preferred
- Experience developing grassroots and/or community leaders
- Must be a resident of Benue State, Nigeria.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing Benue State
- A passion and commitment to democratic principles and making Nigeria great.
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using “Benue State Coordinator” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2021.