Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning and Knowledge Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Minimum 6-month fixed term contract (potential to extend)
Reports to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Adviser
Directorate: Planning, Monitoring and Reporting/ Operations, Planning and Finance.
- A Learning and Knowledge Manager is required to support the delivery of Sightsavers’ MEL team’s evidence generation agenda across select programmes in Africa and Asia.
- They will support a strong learning culture embedded in our programmes and operations. This will include facilitating learning from select programmes including from project results, evaluations, reviews and through designing specific learning and knowledge exchange exercises with programme stakeholders.
- They will ensure that we collect, document and share lessons and evidence about what works for people and communities to achieve our programme goals, particularly in social inclusion and education.
- The Learning and Knowledge Manager will collaborate and share good practice from our programmes with technical colleagues and staff globally, and where relevant with partners, external agencies and people and communities we serve.
- The Learning and Knowledge Manager will work closely with the MEL Manager for Social Inclusion and the Head of MEL.
The Learning and Knowledge Manager will be required to deploy a full range of knowledge management skills and resources to support the learning outcomes of the programmes in scope This includes:
- Develop and implement a detailed learning plan based on learning outcomes or learning questions, and related work plans
- Collect, analyse, synthesise data to draw conclusions and identify key learning
- Produce and disseminate high quality learning products – reports, infographics, blog posts, videos etc
- Collaborate on ensuring learning is utilised within Sightsavers, for example, in decision-making processes
- Collaborate on ensuring that learning is fed back to people and communities we serve
- Track and document promising innovations from our programmes to date
- The above list is indicative: flexibility may be required due to the nature of the work. Any amendments to responsibilities will be discussed and agreed with the post holder.
- The principal and additional accountabilities are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the post holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Job Holder Entry Requirements:
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Master’s qualification in related subject preferred
- Extensive experience in MEL or research, preferably in international development sector
- Extensive experience in a learning / knowledge management role
- Ability to quickly and competently analyse, consolidate and summarise complex information from multiple data sources, including quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to make compelling and informative communications verbally in English and in a range of written and visual formats to a variety of stakeholders, including in multi-lingual contexts
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and judgement to take a pro-active approach to sharing our knowledge and experience in what works.
- Personal effectiveness/self-management: ability to work under time pressures, but also to be flexible and adaptable.
- Clear vision and strong planning skills to create and deliver a learning agenda.
- Experience in the field of social inclusion, particularly for women, girls and people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of key IT software, applications and accessible approaches to disseminating learning
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and facilitation.
- Fluency in French an advantage; knowledge of other languages an advantage
- Communication and influencing
- Planning and organising
- Change and improvement
- Team working
- MEL Manager Social Inclusion
- MEL Team
- Country Office, Regional and programme teams
- Policy and strategy teams – technical leads, Research Uptake and Learning
- Sightsavers’ partner organisations and consortia partners
- BOND Networks.
Sightsavers offers a supportive and inclusive work environment. Please note that local terms and conditions apply for all roles and salaries will be provided in advance of interview for shortlisted candidates.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 28th November, 2021.
Note: We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on 6th and 7th December 2021 and the evaluation process will include a role-specific assessment.