Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Advocacy Adviser
Locations: West Africa Region (Negotiable) Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon or Nigeria
- Sightsavers are seeking an experienced professional to lead and support our advocacy in francophone countries and our policy influencing work on SDG implementation at international level.
- The post will provide specialist support on day-to-day implementation of advocacy objectives, working closely with colleagues across the organisation, to make sure advocacy is strategic and based on strong policy analysis, as well as crosscutting priorities such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- The purpose of the role is to provide a link between international advocacy and the advocacy work of our country offices. It will provide technical expertise to multi-country project design and engage with Sightsavers’ processes to ensure advocacy is integrated in programmes.
- In addition, working with the Head of Advocacy, the role will represent and lead work on specific projects with international partners on the SDGs, including Together 2030.
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working as a development professional with INGO’s, especially with advocacy work, and have a background in leading or coordinating advocacy plans and efforts at a national level. As this role will be supporting advocacy work in francophone countries, candidate for the role will be fluent in French.
- A familiarity with policy development and knowledge of current issues/best practice in development in sustainable development, health, education, human rights and governance is also important to this position.
Local Terms & Conditions apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2018.
Note: As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.