kidworks Nigeria Limited – We are an indigenous integrated Engineering Contracting company, that is duly registered with Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Network Administrator / IT Support Officer
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
- Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Support the warehouse supervisors with additional information from the database
- Participating in defining future processes and translating into functional requirements
- Categorize issues and escalate where necessary to the appropriate next level
- Provide solutions for equipment failures like scanners, printers
- Prepare system and performance tests
- Monitor installation of software delivery notes and test bug fixes
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
- Responding to breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Agreeing timescales
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Windows Active Directory deployment and administration. – Microsoft Exchange Server deployment and administration.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Symantec, Trend Micro, Sophos, Kaspersky and/or MacAfee anti-virus − Backup Exec, Windows/NT Backup, Symantec Server Backup Exec.
- Internet/TCIP/IP, DNS/E-mail/communication issues
- Strong knowledge in Citrix, SharePoint, Microsoft Navision, Intego
- Significant experience with major enterprise level database (Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server).
- Strong experience on SQL Server maintenance, Advanced SQL Server concepts like indexes, stored procedures e.t.c with an emphasis on database efficiency.
- You must be performance driven with a proven track record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytic skills
Job Title: System Engineer
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
- Systems Engineer is responsible to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the rapidly expanding Information Technology infrastructure including but not limited to in-house and Rack space hosted servers, applications and storage.
- Develop technical documents such as product specifications, Visio diagrams, etc
- Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance and perform independent complex system troubleshooting
- Work closely with clients to integrate ITA products with customer software by understanding clients’ business requirements and recommending solutions to achieve the desired results.
- Participate in the identification and development of tools and scripts to more efficiently resolve client issues, and to facilitate analysis of customer data.
- Participate in implementation and deployment projects, from inception to delivery, including requirements gathering, consulting, workshops, integration and production launch assistance.
- Consult with other engineers and with customers to make the best use of leading edge, new and existing products and tools.
- Design and carry out performance tests on customer queries, analyze the results, and make recommendations for query and hardware changes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A good university Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 1-4 years in IT/ Networking or a related technology-based industry
- Candidate will possess a broad technical knowledge of analog, digital and VoIP voice services; IP networking; and data service provision
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of networking technologies, design principles and practical application
- Familiarity with IP Convergence including the design and implementation of IP telephony(IPT)/Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions is an added advantage
- Familiarity with installation and maintenance of Video Conferencing, Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions will be an added advantage
- Cisco certifications such as CCNA and/or CCDA will be an added advantage
- Candidate must possess Strong technical and analytical, problem solving and Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills in teamwork, leadership and communication
- Professional self-starter, high level of motivation, customer empathy and ethics
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Ability to collect and analyze data, draws conclusions, and make actionable recommendations.
- Candidate must be result-oriented.
Job Title: Graduate Intern
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
- The internship program is targeted at high fliers with can-do-spirit, smart, fast learners, self-motivated and self-driven, with focus on results, positive attitude, good presence and communication skills.
- The program is looking for candidates with lots of hunger for challenges, and whose passion is to win against all odds.
- We are seeking ONLY those who are keen to work as part of a team and who will bring new ideas/products and ways of approaching the complex issues and problems we face every day.
- All jobs entry-level ‘o’ level with or without working experience will be considered
- Not more than 35 years at the time of application.
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline.
- Must have authorization to work full time without any restrictions.
- Good Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Customer Focused
- Analytical Mind/Proactive
- Fast Learner
- Meticulous & Accurate
- High level of integrity/sense of responsibility
- Error Free Processing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compliance with regulatory/institutional requirements
- Processing within tight turn-around times
- Preparation of Reports with tight timelines
- Customer satisfaction in a highly competitive environment
- Weekend and public holiday work (as and when required)
- Process driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
This opportunity comes with a pay.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org and also write an essay not less than 250 words and attach (TOPIC: – Why you are best suited for this role or why would you like to work with us).
Note: Subject should be the position with the location in bracket e.g. Graduate Intern (Port-Harcourt).