Skoll Foundation – We are now one of the leading foundations in the field of social entrepreneurship. Over the past 10 years, we have awarded more than $250 million, including investments in 85 remarkable social entrepreneurs and 70 organizations on five continents around the world who are creating a brighter future for underserved communities. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, tracking of costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice where necessary.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Oversee the production of financial and managerial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues.
- Supervises all country office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- Oversee the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Manage finance functions and oversee the finance operations
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial/grant reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Create, implement and maintain appropriate systems for internal users
Qualifications and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the financial analysis, planning and reporting
- Knowledgeable in preparing financial reports for development partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to give, prepare and present oral presentations
- Technical accounting skills
- Exposure to and oversight of implementing controls in high volume cash transactions
- Experience with coordinating audit activities and managing budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team with the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Experience in tax preparation according to Nigerian laws.Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of finance experience
- Master’s degree, in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in Accounting such as CPA
- Demonstrated experience in budgetary and control oversight and the creation of internal control processes
- Experience in managing highly decentralized branch operations and organization with large inventory spread out across regional warehouses.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]Subject line should be: Financial Controller