Slum2school Africa is a volunteer-driven developmental organization with a vision to transform the society by empowering disadvantaged children to realize their full potential. Founded in 2012, we recognize that there are severe shortcomings in the educational sector in Africa and in this area, seek to improve the lives of Africa’s most precious resource – her children. We provide educational scholarships, create learning spaces and provide other psychosocial support for disadvantaged and vulnerable children in slums and indigent communities through our team of dedicated staff who possess our culture, competence, commitment, and have the right character. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Facilitator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Temporary
The reports to: The Project Coordinator.
- We are seeking dedicated and dynamic Project Facilitators to support the implementation of a road safety awareness campaign in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria.
- As a Project Facilitator, you will work closely with the Project Coordinator and be responsible for executing project activities, conducting school visits, delivering presentations, facilitating workshops, and engaging with students, teachers, school representatives, and relevant stakeholders to promote road safety education.
- Your role will be crucial in creating awareness and fostering behavior change among the target audience.
- The VIA Creative poster competition is a global education project designed to give young people a voice on “road safety, awareness, and commitment”.
- The goal is to contribute to education in road safety, support youths in creating awareness on road safety within their communities, and make them ambassadors committed to spreading road safety practices.
- This project will impact the lives of 20,000 youths within the age range of 10 to 16 years across 100 schools in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State.
- Collaborate closely with the Project Coordinator to understand the campaign objectives, strategies, and deliverables.
- Conduct call to application school visits to primary and secondary schools across Nigeria, effectively communicating the importance of road safety education to school administrators, teachers, students, and parents.
- Deliver engaging and interactive presentations and workshops on road safety, tailored to different age groups and audiences.
- Facilitate discussions and interactive activities to enhance students’ understanding of road safety concepts, including pedestrian safety, traffic rules, and safe cycling.
- Coordinate with school staff to schedule and organize awareness sessions and workshops, ensuring smooth logistical arrangements.
- Maintain accurate records of school visits, attendance, and feedback received from students, teachers, and school representatives.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator to develop and distribute educational materials, resources, and handouts related to the campaign.
- Provide regular updates and reports to the Project Coordinator on project activities, challenges, and progress made in achieving project objectives.
- Participate in training sessions and professional development opportunities to enhance road safety knowledge and facilitation skills.
- Liaise with community stakeholders, local authorities, and partners to ensure effective coordination and maximize campaign impact.
- Support the evaluation of the campaign by collecting data, conducting surveys, and gathering feedback from participants.
- Adhere to project timelines, protocols, and guidelines while maintaining professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a facilitator or trainer, preferably in the field of education, road safety, or community outreach.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and inspire diverse audiences, particularly school students.
- Passion for road safety education and promoting positive behavior change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with students, teachers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, following instructions and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel frequently to different schools within your state as per project requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of road safety concepts, traffic rules, and relevant educational materials is a plus.
- Be available to resume immediately and work full time for a period of 2 to 3 months
- Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; highly organized with concern for detail and a commitment to rigor.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Computer data entry skills.
- Professionalism, empathy, and the ability to work as part of a team and interact with a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023.
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis.