Smart Partners Consulting Limited (SPCL) – Our client, an International Brand with interest in Nigeria, is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Feedmill & Rice Mill Plant Manager (Expatriates in Nigeria)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Coordinates and facilitates the daily operations to maximize all available resources.
- Plans and coordinates the operational activities with input and interaction from a variety of sources.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement by performing the following duties.
- Coordinates all shift operations.
- Coordinates the activities of salaried exempt and hourly production group leaders to assure all customer expectations are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the operational schedules for the shifts in conjunction with plant needs including Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, material control and other functional areas.
- Coordinate’s training and development sessions
- Partners with Human Resources to develop and recommend staffing levels for operations.
- Coordinates and implements a comprehensive training plan for plant personnel in conjunction with the plant Supervisors.
- Effectively communicates in verbal and written forms to internal and external personnel.
- Serve as a contact person for various vendors and suppliers.
- Facilitates the continuous quality improvement process and plant safety initiatives.
- Facilitates the continuous improvement of efficient inbound and outbound loading processes.
- Guides group leaders in process control, inventory control, personnel practices, efficient operations, safety, and employee development and employee retention goals.
- Facilitates and promotes the development of new work systems for Plant facility
- Performs administrative duties in preparing and analyzing reports and records.
- Actively pursues acquisition of information or skills to manage feed manufacturing and deliveries.
- Holds supervisors and employees accountable for feed manufacturing and delivery.
- Maintains close and effective working relationships with accounting, technical services, vendors, contract producers, and government agencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Degree in Feed Science is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years or more relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Candidate should be an expatriate.
- Should be able to manage rice mill plant and feed mill.
- Maintain and repair various components of mill equipment.
- Experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Must have knowledge of feed mill operations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and operate all equipment within the operation.
- Experience evaluating work processes and systems for efficiencies and operational flow.
- Ability to evaluate performance level and provide constructive feedback and assistance for improvement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies and procedures and directions from upper management.
- Must be able read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.