Posted on :
2 Feb, 2010
2 Feb, 2010
SMEDAN positions itself as a “One Stop Shop” for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development. Micro Enterprises are included in the clientele of the Agency since they form the bedrock for SME’s
They are hereby inviting applications from candidates suitable, qualified and competent for appointment into this position below:
DIRECTOR: (GL 17)
JOB TITLE: Head (Inspectorate Department)
REPORTING TO: Director-General
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* The candidates shall assist the Director-General in attainment of the objectives/mandate of the Agency
* Monitor and Evaluate Agency’s programmes and performance;
* Compile reports from the various outreaches;
* Provide guidance, supervision and support to field officers;
* Ensure compliance of MSMEs, BDSPs and other stakeholders to government regulations;
* Promotion standardization and quality assurance:
* Candidates must possess a good first degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 2nd Class (lower Division) in Social Sciences, Humanities, Management & other Sciences.
* Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
* Candidate must have a minimum of twenty (20) years post- NYSC cognate working experience;
* Ability to interface with multi-lateral development partners for MSME development;
* Must have hands-on experience in MSME project monitoring/evaluation;
* Candidates must not be above 50 years.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
Understand workings of relevant international organizations, excellent project Management skill, Good analytical and presentation skill and must be Computer Literate.
Application for Director Inspectorate Position should be forwarded to [email protected]
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
* The tenure for the position of Director is for a maximum of 8years in line with Federal Government Policy
* Successful candidates could be posted to any part of the Country.
* Remuneration is as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING
* Curriculum Vitae and applications should be forwarded to the e-mail applicable to the position using Micro-soft Word.
* Applicants who may not be able to apply on line should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae to;
The Director General
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
35, Port Harcourt Crescent
Off Gimbiya Street,
Area 11, Garki 11
* Applicants should not submit more than one application to avoid disqualification
* The Closing Date for applications is MARCH 15th 2010
* Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this date
* The Agency reserves the right to verify any claims and documents submitted