Posted on :
4 Feb, 2010
4 Feb, 2010
SMEDAN provides business planning, development information and advice that places your business on a sure, confident footing, SMEDAN hereby invites applications from candidates suitable, qualified and competent for appointment into this position below:
DIRECTOR (GL 17): PLANNING RESEARCH & COORDINATION
JOB TITLE; Head (Planning Research & Coordination Department) REPORTING TO: Director-General (SMEDAN)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* MSME Policy articulation, development and implementation:
* Planning/Coordination of Agency’s Programmes and activities.
* Promotion of participation in sub-regional and global initiatives and cooperation on MSME development
* Sourcing and coordination of technical assistances and inter-Agency cooperation
* Implementation if MSME sub-sectoral studies/surveys and promotion of private sector organizations, NGO’s and trade groups
* Preparation of SMEDAN mandatory reports:
* Custodian of Agency’s Data Statistics:
* Candidates must possess a good first degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 2nd class Honours (Lower Division) in Social Sciences, Humanities & other Sciences.
* Post graduate degree will be an added advantage
* Candidate must have a minimum of twenty (20) years post NYSC cognate working experience;
* Should possess the ability to drive unaided, a target based and policy driven planning department:
* Ability to interface with multi-lateral development partners for MSME development.
* Should be versatile in planning and must have hands-on experience in MSME development planning
* Must demonstrate understanding of the MSME sector.
* Strong ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various economic policies, issues and solution on MSME development:
* Candidates must not be above 50 years.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
* Understand workings of relevant International organizations. Excellent project management skill.
* Good analytical and presentation skill and must be Computer literate
Application for Director Panning Research and Coordination Position
Should be forwarded to; [email protected]
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
* The tenure for the position of Director is for a maximum of 8years in line with Federal Government Policy
* Successful candidates could be posted to any part of the Country.
* Remuneration is as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING
* Curriculum Vitae and applications should be forwarded to the e-mail applicable to the position using Micro-soft Word.
* Applicants who may not be able to apply on line should send their applications and Curriculum Vitae to;
The Director General
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
35, Port Harcourt Crescent
Off Gimbiya Street,
Area 11, Garki 11
* Applicants should not submit more than one application to avoid disqualification
* The Closing Date for applications is MARCH 15th 2010
* Under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this date
* The Agency reserves the right to verify any claims and documents submitted