Smooff Farmers Market was borne out of the passion to make fresh affordable farm produce readily available to any Nigeria that needs it.We are hybrid between the open market and a climate controlled retail shopping space. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: CMD Road, Magodo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Smooff Farmers Market located at CMD Magodo, Lagos is searching for a Financial Accountant to manage all her financial transactions.
- To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience working in a Supermarket. Ultimately, the successful candidate will you provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations
- Preparing the monthly statement of financial position.
- Tax reporting and inventory processing.
- Collecting and analysing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates.
- Advising on estimates for project funding.
- Creating KPI reports.
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts.
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy.
- Preparation of budget and monthly variance reporting.
- Ability to build financial reports of a supermarket from books of Accounts with Accounting software is key.
Required Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Sage, QuickBooks or related software.
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Previous working experience in a supermarket is very key.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 7th October, 2021.