Smooth promotions (HIPTV) is a team family organization where we stay true to our values. We are on a journey to sustainably be the industry benchmark for quality and innovative service delivery to target audiences and clients. We also have the vision to optimize stakeholder value by consistently delivering superior returns on investment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to the post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- B.Sc Degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or a related field
- 2 – 5 years relevant work experience.
- Solid experience with digital technology
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Maximum age 25.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
16th March, 2023.