Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA and Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
- The LGA and M&E Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating field activities in the LGAs, including review meetings with CHIPs agent in the field.
- S / he will monitor, supervise, and evaluate all performance tracking activities related to the project implementation.
- Lead the implementation of state-level strategies for the project including the project set up and execution of community and health facility interventions covering all the various component of the project (HIV / AIDs, Tuberculosis, Syndromic Management of STIs, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Nutrition, etc.).
- Lead the community-based advocacy to government, LGA and community stakeholders in setting up the project across the local government intervention areas.
- Participate in the development of project work tools and IEC materials (in English and Hausa) on HIV / AIDs, Tuberculosis, STIs, RH, MNCH, Nutrition, etc.
- Coordinate the timely dispatch of community and facility level equipment, tools and materials required for the operationalisation of field-level implementation.
- Design and execute identified research or study investigation to improve overall project field performance.
- Provides technical assistance for all levels of MIS data capturing at the community and health facility level to ensure quality and timely reporting.
- Provide Technical Assistance to LGA and State MIS Officers on achieving current and global standards
- Lead the process of data validation, collation, entry and analysis, including coordination of all activities to be undertaken by government staff (LGA / State) and ad-hoc staff towards achieving comprehensive and centralised reporting.
- Design, prepare or execute one-off and continuing training and education of community and health facility personnel on their performance tracking and reporting roles as it contributes to achieving project deliverables.
- Carry out supervisory visits across all community and health facility personnel to ensure adherence to data capture, storage and reporting protocols as designed by the project.
- Produce scientific write-ups and abstracts that reflect learning’s from the project
- Coordinate and prepare MIS data analysis report for decision making.
- Support the intervention states to set up an efficient reporting structure through existing systems upgrade and coaching of state program managers and LGA MIS officers on quality reporting.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess medical, behavioural or social science qualification. A related Masters in related field of study will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5)’ experience in implementing M&E strategies for health-related programs.
- Demonstrate experience in mixed-methods research (qualitative and quantitative) across various study designs.
- Demonstrate skills and ability to coach and mentor healthcare workers.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment in North-East Nigeria.
Skills and competency required:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills.
- Excellent communication, report writing, and data interpretation skills.
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Proficiency in SPSS or any relevant research package
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 26th March, 2020