Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Advisor
Job ID: sfh-06043
Job Type: Full Time
- This position will provide support to the Director, Human Resources for developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and performing vital HR functions to improve employee motivation and support efficient management of the entire employee life cycle.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Oversee and manage a performance management system that drives high performance
- Coordinate and monitor HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organisation.
- Manage the talent acquisition, interview and selection processes
- Assess training and development needs and monitor the efficacy of training programs
- Review and update HR standard operating procedures and policies to nurture a positive working environment.
- Prepare HR Reports to management and provide decision support through HR metrics and analytics
- Compensation and compliance management
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s level degree (B.Sc. /BA) in Human Resources Management, Humanities or Social Sciences. Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must Possess a minimum of 7 years’ hands-on experience in core Human Resource Management
- Proven working experience as an HR manager or executive with extensive knowledge of HR and labour laws and best practise
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience using an HR MIS and databases
- Must be a member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- People-oriented and results-driven with ability to develop strategy.
- Strong client and external liaison skills (including diplomacy and communication skills) with experience of working in complex environments with governments, donors and external stakeholders.
- Management, strategic planning and leadership experience, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, inspire high-quality work, demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership, provide support and supervision and empower team members.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skill, able to manage diverse relationships, be culturally sensitive, and maintain a respectful demeanour in the context of working within the international development sector;
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines;
- High level of integrity and responsibility.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 13th March, 2020