Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care.
We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Learning Coordinator
Req ID: sfh-08012
Department: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15 -19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for leading adaptive implementation processes for A360 A Nigeria, spearheading periodic qualitative data collection, and ensuring systematic routine adaptive management reviews.
- They will work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to ensure linked, routine analysis considering standard quantitative performance data and qualitative datasets. They will lead to adaptations assessment, documentation, and coordinate dissemination locally.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead adaptations assessment, documentation, and coordinate dissemination locally.
- Monitor data and database to support the improved availability of data and the use of data for process monitoring and evaluation for programme planning, evaluation, policy, and advocacy at the national and state levels.
- Responsible for supporting field teams on data entry to ensure all fields are appropriately filled in the DHIS platform from the source document.
- Responsible for conducting data cleansing activities on incoming data in the DHIS platform.
- Responsible for providing technical support to all users for timely data entry and provide feedback.
- Identify data errors and support field teams to correct the error immediately.
- Responsible for solving discrepancies by contacting authorized users for information, comparing indicators, and data variables.
- Support M&E Specialist to maintain database and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity.
- Report any issue related to data and data quality to M&E Specialist to proffer solution.
- Coordinate Data Quality Assessment with Coordinator/ M&E Specialist to determine new approaches and resolutions for data quality issues.
- Maintain project team confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Secure information by completing database backups.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Support data analysis for program decisions.
- Work as part of a team in order to achieve a common goal
- Provide progress reports on a monthly basis.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Public Policy, Statistics, or other Social Sciences).
- Must possess a minimum three (3) years post-NYSC experience in a similar field
- Must possess sound technical knowledge and experience of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design
Skills and Competency Required
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 28th August, 2020.