Society for Youth Awareness and Health Development (SYAHD) was established in September 2003 as non-governmental, non-profitable and non-partisan organization, located in the ancient city of Kano State with coverage and scale-up services to neighboring states of Jigawa and Kastina state respectively. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Finance Assistant
Overview / Background
- SYAHD is currently operating in two States namely Kano and Katsina state through donor funded projects. Our thematic areas are Educational services, Health, Household economic strengthening and psychosocial support to care givers, children, women, youth, and women empowerment through skills acquisition programs.
- This is a Save the children International (SCI) Project funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Society for Youth Awareness and Health Development (SYAHD). Titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed choices for their health (REACH) in Sandamu LGA, Katsina State.
- Save the Children (SC) has been working in Nigeria since 2001, and is a strong, recognized and respected voice for children’s rights. Our programs currently support health and nutrition, education, child protection, food security, livelihoods and social protection in both development and humanitarian contexts. In Nigeria, the project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states. To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives. (1) Improving access to high quality, gender-sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys; (2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and (3) Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
Scope of Role:
- This role report to the Finance Officer.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Processes approval of supplier invoices and staff claims on the project
- Responsible for all bank deposit and withdrawals including transfers
- Maintain and issue receipts and cheques.
- Make payment to vendors and meeting participants
- Responsible for safe keep of financial files and records
- Ensure prompt remittance of statutory deductions
- Update the project fixed assets registered regularly
- Prepare payment request and vouchers
- Keep petty cash box and records
- Arrange meeting/workshops in terms of logistics and administrative arrangement.
- Responsible for handling any minor repairs in the project
- Keep records of on project staff movement.
- Perform any other finance/logistic and clerical duties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant discipline (Accounting Business Administration or any Social Sciences)
- Candidates must have at least 1-2 years of progressive experience working in a similar position
- Accounting professional qualification will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications both in English and Hausa languages
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements with their locations to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2020.
Important Information / Notice
- All applicants must include the position title in the subject line
- Applicant must be fluent in local language and familiar with the local cultures
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are equal employment opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply.