Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water Analysis Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities of Water Analysis Officer
Water quality Analysis:
- Support the WASH team to implement training for water analysis on the field,
- Check the quality and quantity of samples delivered by the field,
- Identify problems during implementation and suggest improvements on process, which includes regular visits to field sites to provide technical support to assigned field team and organize training if needed.
- Initiate and implement independent studies on water monitoring as needed.
- Complete analysis of water samples collected as well as provided by the field teams according to procedures defined by the managers,
- Fill the water analysis results sheets and communicate them to the PM assistant of the concerned base and to the MEAL Coordinator,
- Organise and plan the sampling of water from water points of SI programs under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator. Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by the management,
- Develop and manage a standardised water quality database for the mission;
Operation of the Laboratory:
- Secure the materials of water analysis activities on a daily basis,
- Ensure that the materials and tools are stored in appropriate place and manner,
- Ensure the maintenance and the proper operating of all SI material related to water analysis,
- Ensure the material is properly used by field teams and organise training if needed,
- Manage the stock of chemicals & materials under the supervision of his/her direct supervisor and support on anticipating, preparing the order for the new purchase.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Ensure close follow up of relevant indicators related to water supply;
- Produce a weekly report to managers regarding activities progress and analysis results according to formats,
- Coordinate with field representatives in accordance with management guidelines.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) + all WASH staff involved on the program.
- Have and promote good behaviour on the field as a Solidarités International employee.
- Follow SI rules (logistics & administration) in order to arrange and conduct field missions in different SI bases and field of intervention
- Report back to his/her line Manager before, any additional information related to WASH related activities or any event that may affect Solidarités International activities and security.
- Work under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator to ensure that water quality data is successfully integrated into the M&E tools.
- Contribute to the mission’s indicator database following a standard format allowing ready aggregation of data to enhance routine or periodic monitoring reports.
Requirements Professional Experience
- 6 months of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Professional experience: 6 months of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English,Kanuri and Hausa is a plus
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (with CV, Cover Letter, References ) in one Word or PDF file to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 28th September, 2018.
- The file must be named with your name and surname.
- The subject of the mail must be “Water Analysis Officer”
- Candidate from Ngala are kindly invited to apply
- No paper applications will be accepted
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date