Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of contract: 20/08/2018
Contract duration: 3 (Three) months (with possibility of extension) – Probation period: 1 month.
Goal / Purpose
- The procurement manager supports the deputy LogCoo in implementing and supervising all purchases activities at mission level
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the purchaser or storekeeper in their absence.
List of Main Tasks
Management of purchase:
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Coordinate with the stock/freight manager when there is delivery
- Follow up the purchase planning with the purchase schedule
- Provide feedbacks on the status of the purchase
- Assess the markets and identify the main and/or relevant suppliers
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control and ensure Solidarités International purchase procedures are respected
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Make purchase file for validation : quotation, bid analysis, contract …
- Proceed with the purchase
- Compose and archive purchase folders
Human Resource Management:
- Assist with Log training sessions for the log team
- Participate in the recruitment of his/her team
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the work of his/her team
- Appraise personnel under his/her direct supervision
- Validate planning, follow attendance of his/her team
- Preparation of the IOF follow up for the Monthly logistic Pack Personal abilities :
- Professional experience: experience in supply, purchase, management. experience in NGO is a plus,
- Personal qualities : dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, managerial skills, meticulous
- Training: Academic degree such as Bachelor in Logistics, Trade or Higher National diploma in Procurement, Business or equivalent.
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Haussa is a plus
- IT skills : Miicrosoft software practise (word, Excel)
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV, Cover Letter, references) in One Single File and only by mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 6th August, 2018.
- Your file with your name and surname. Any general description as CV or resume will be automatically deleted
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.