Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Logistics Assistant supports the Field Coordinator in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base. In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities, base stock management, procurement follow-up, day to day management of watchmen/ladies, filing and archiving logistical documents.
Follow up of supplies:
- Receive and check all Internal Order Forms originating from Maiduguri base and forward same for validation according to the mission’s Table of Signatories
- Update base IOF follow up and share same with base team
- Provide feedback to base team on all procurement requests
- Follow-up the regular supply of fuel to office and guest house for generators’ consumption
- Ensure quality check upon receipt of all supplies/services/work
Follow up of vehicle fleet:
- Liaise with the Field Coordinator to plan the base fleet needs
- Ensure that all administrative documentations are always available on the assigned fleet for Maiduguri base
- Ensure that all IPC related materials are available on the fleet at all times
- Raise and submit vehicle IOF to for validation on behalf of Maiduguri base
- Draw up and submit weekly vehicle movement request to coordination
Management of assets:
- Support Field Coordinator define base asset needs
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Follow and ensure data backup of all laptops for Maiduguri base
- Liaise with IT responsible to ensure access to SI’s ICT infrastructure by all concerned users
- Update asset responsibility follow up for Maiduguri base
- Update Maiduguri Base Pack statement
Management of supplies (Stock):
- Manage base stock according to SI’s stock management procedures
- Carry out monthly stock inventory and update the Maiduguri base stock report
- Ensure proper tracking of generator fuel stock
Human resource management:
- Daily management of all watchmen/ladies in Maiduguri assigned at SI’s Guest house and office
- Ensure that Watchmen/ladies are implementing IPC control measures at all SI’s premises
- Ensure that adequate safety equipment and needed PPEs are available at all times for use by watchmen/ladies
- Generate schedules monthly working schedules for all watchmen/ladies
- Ensure that watchmen/ladies are properly tracking movements in and out of SI’s premises
- Monthly Submission of Maiduguri base Park Statement to IT Responsible
- Monthly submission of Maiduguri base responsibility follow-up to IT Responsible
- Monthly submission of updated stock report to coordination Supply Manager
- Monthly laptop backup report
- Training/Education: B.Sc. Supply, Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software:Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Logistics related skills: good knowledge of Supply chain, fleet management, store management, purchase, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 9th August, 2020.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date