Solidarities International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension.
Maintenance of Buildings, Storage Spaces and Stored Equipment:
- Ensure that daily storage is operated in an efficient and secure way
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs and improvements
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the storage spaces
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by the teams are cleaned before returning to storage
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt in accordance with the requester needs and SI standards. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to his/her Line Manager
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiry dates
Management of Storages Spaces:
- In close collaboration with the logistics Assistant make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment and materials
- Maintain updated inventory lists
- Participate in monthly stored goods and equipment inventories and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Support and train the field log staff concerning stock procedures (inventory report, follow –up, management, etc.)
- Make regularly physical inventory (one stock each month minimum of all SI stock (office and field)
Field Storage / Warehouse Management:
- Coordinate with Program teams and logistic team in Gusau and Anka Base the delivery of goods according to Programs requests’ schedule for the smooth running of the activities
- Ensure the proper filling the waybills that go with every delivery/shipment
- Supervise and check the stock inventory, monthly report, waybills, stock cards etc…
- Carrying out stock checks and physical inventories (fuel, equipment, materials…)
Human Resources Management:
- Manage Daily workers hired in his/her assigned area
- Ensure or assist to logistical trainings as required by his Manager
Reporting / Capitalization:
- Report all relevant information concerning stock management to Log-Admin Manager for SI Monthly Log Pack and project reports according to donors’ requests
- Report to Log-Admin Manager for any kind of problem related to warehousing
- Participate in the forecast of all logistics related expenses in his assigned area
- Consolidate the Stock report (at both office and field levels)
- Minimum of Diploma in related courses.
- Resident of Zamfara State preferred (position not open to delocalization)
- Minimum of one year experience as storekeeper or in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa, ability to read and write
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
What We Offer:
- Salary + Food & Housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2021.
- Candidates should Select Storekeeper, fill the form and attach your CV and Motivation Letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Hard copy applications will also be received in Gusau at Gada Biyu, Zanna Road Opposite A.A Gusau House, Gusau Zamfara State not later than the closing date above.
- Send your CV and motivation letter only.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.