Posted on :
25 Sep, 2009
25 Sep, 2009
GE is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the companys Web site at http://www.ge.com
GE Nigeria is recruiting a Source leader for it’s operations in Port Harcourt Nigeria
Posted Position Title Sourcing Leader – Nigeria
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Sourcing
Postal Code 0
Relocation Expenses None
Role Summary/Purpose This is a key role at GE Oil and Gas Nigeria facility located in Port Harcourt. Success in this position requires a skill set that includes industrial experience, good negotiating skills, sound business acumen, effective time management ability and a dedication to integrity in all aspects of the job.
This role reports to O&G Regional Sites Sourcing Leader
* Develop Supply Chain Strategy for Nigeria liaising with GE O&G Florence HQ and all GE Infrastructure.
* Oversight of main purchasing process from receipt of purchase requisitions to Purchase Order award.
* Be able to develop quotations requests to approved suppliers, to receive, evaluate, and condition relevant quotations, to conduct negotiations and issue Purchase Orders.
* Lead, coach and supervise a team of several buyers in multiple locations.
* With input and direction from the management team, serve as champion for local key strategic sourcing initiatives, including scouting and conditioning (development) of new potential suppliers of goods and services in line with approved local content strategy
* Drive GE Global Sourcing initiatives locally including savings, on-time delivery, quality, Six Sigma and Supplier Scorecards.
* Serve as trigger and support GE Global Sourcing Supplier Quality Engineers as needed in the qualification and approval of new suppliers.
* Proactively manage all demand activities with suppliers, including travel to sites when needed.
* Be accountable for driving EHS performance (working with the EHS group), with respect to compliance with programs and procedures, and fulfillment of personal Goals & Objectives.
* Act as trigger for local due diligence requirements (working with the supplier approvals team).
* Assume ownership of all key/strategic relationship management requirements, conducting regular/periodic business review sessions and reporting accordingly (Ethics & Integrity to be an item on every agenda).
* Total Years of Work Experience: 5+ of which at least 5 in procurement.
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business/Finance curriculum with an accredited college or university.
* Excellent relationship management & people skills.
* Excellent Leadership skills, critical & creative thinker with hands-on negotiation skills.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Fluent English, both spoken and written.
* Solid PC skills.
* Ability to interface effectively cross-functionally.
* Ability to motivate, influence and energize at all levels.
* Ability to work in an international, multicultural and uneasy environment.
* Self-driven, committed, can-do attitude.
* Action-driven strategic mindset.
* Motivated self-starter, with a passion for excellence and integrity; solid execution track record, willing to contribute in building a world-class sourcing basis.
* Time management skills of sufficient breadth to handle a heavy workload, constantly changing priorities, and constant deadline demands.
* A proactive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and a sense of urgency with regard to meeting job deadlines.
* Available to travel also on short notice to both domestic and international destinations.
* Mechanical aptitude of sufficient depth to read/understand parts, fabrication and machining. drawings and to engage in technical discussions with suppliers and internal technical personnel.
* Language other than English.
* Internal Auditor certified.
* International experience in emerging Countries.
* Knowledge of GE Oil&Gas business organization.
* Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (GE Employees only).
This offer is now expired