SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineering and Integration (E & I) Technician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 6 Months
- Provides I & E (instrumentation and electrical) support for assigned assets related to industrial processing plants of the oil and gas such as refining, natural gas, crude pipelines, compressor station
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, calibrates, and repairs wide variety of midstream instrumentation such as, but not limited to, transmitters, flow meters, sensors, analyzers, data loggers, programmable logic controller (PLCs), distributive control system (DCS).
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, motor control centers, generators, transformers, switches, relays, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, variable frequency drive (VFD), power distribution center (PDCs), uninterrupted power source (UPS).
- Configures and programs industrial control systems. Performs loops checks, point-to-point verification and other testing regimes.
- Calibration Develops ability to perform calibration on instruments with accuracy and precision in accordance with established procedures. Aware of environmental factors such as temperature, vibration, noise affecting calibration.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Develops experience with software package with multiple maintenance functionalities such as equipment data management, preventative maintenance, work order system, scheduling planning, inventory control, asset tracking.
- Electrical Equipment & Electrical Distribution Network Develops knowledge and practice experience with electrical components and workings of electric transmission and distribution network.
- Industrial Control Systems Develops knowledge or and practical experience with devices to manage, command, direct or regulate behavior of other devices or systems. Includes, but not limited to, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Industrial Instrumentation Fundamentals Develops practical knowledge of instrumentation used in midstream industry to measure, monitor or control temperature, level, pressure, flow. Includes, but is not limited to: temperature sensor, pressure gauges, pressure transmitter, pressure switch, flow transmitter, temperature controllers.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situation’s ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Wireless Technologies Develops knowledge of and practical experience with technologies and devices used in industrial applications to communicate information gathered from sensor locations through wireless links.
- Proficient in Microsoft software’s i.e., Words, Excel, Outlook, …
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Minimum level of experience required:
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.