SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrument Technician (M /F)
Location: Onshore – Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Permanent contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Employee Status: Operative
- This position is a unique opportunity to planning and scheduling inspection and maintenance activities of instrument equipment and systems with responsibility for operation of different facilities.
Your main duties will be:
- Should be experienced in DCS (preferably DeltaV from Emerson), PLC systems, SMART field transmitters from Rosemount and other field instruments such as ultrasonic flow meters, level transmitters, motorized valves, temperature transmitters, vibration monitoring systems and the like.
- Experience with SAP system would be an added advantage.
- Should be computer literate and shall have enough skills to understand logic diagrams and complex control loops used in DCS and PLC’s.
- Should have experience in computerized maintenance system.
- Ideally, you should have completed Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering.
- You should have minimum 5 years working experience in the oil and gas industry or with major utilities.
- You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply