Sponge Limited is a leading mobile-first, full-service digital marketing agency that delivers outstanding mobile and digital campaigns for some of the biggest brands across Africa.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Community Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- A Community Manager is an appointed administrator for clients’ social media communities (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Pages).
- This position is based on contract and renewable every 3 months.
- The Community Manager is responsible for moderating User Generated Content that appears and escalating any issues to the appropriate internal/client teams.
- Managing and growing the client’s presence through social media pages and other strategically relevant online properties
- Responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in the social media pages and managing any online feedback forums
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization
- Create and maintain Content Calendars, including writing Facebook Status Updates
- Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Attending industry events in different cities (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for the community
- Utilize social listening tools in use
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Experience in managing social media platforms or communities for brands is an added advantage.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Media Studies, Business and/or related fields.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Proficiency in social listening tools
- Exceptional communication skills within the agency team.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Age: 22 – 28 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply