S&S Hotels and Suites, remain the hotel of choice for the business traveler who requires a convenient central location offering a welcome haven that feels like a second home and the unrivalled services personified by the warmth and dedication of our staff, as well as the discerning leisure traveler seeking the captivating dining and limitless nightlife destinations within walking distance of the hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Strong inventory & Category management
- Knowledge of ERP systems is required
- Microsoft NAVEvaluating purchase orders and verifying specifications of purchase orders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute time sensitive deadlines
- Must be punctual, organized, motivated and detail oriented, multitasking.
Job Title: Secretary
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading secretarial publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Travel Logistics, Typing, and Verbal Communication.
Job Title: Operations Manager
- The Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for any and all administrative items required to service the operation of the organization.
- Ensures that organization provides an environment that is clean, safe, and enjoyable for members and employees.
- Contributes to the success and profitability of the organization through delivery of excellent member services for high member and employee retention, and effective expense controls.
- Trains and develops employees to grow with the company.
- Supports the mission statement of Providing an appropriate lifestyle’ by setting a good example for employees and members through effective managerial practices.
- Directly responsible for managing the Front Desk, Custodial, and all Departments by setting direction and providing leadership.
- Sets the example for “excellence in member service” for all employees.
- Must have the ability to perform and train staff on all the operational functions of the organization for Front Desk (including complete knowledge of operating POS check-in computer system), and Custodial.
- Understands the complete operation of all other departments of the organization to assist or give direction when necessary and in the absence of the GM.
- Manages Front Desk retail inventory to attain goals and profitability. Teach staff suggestive selling techniques and monitor sales achievements.
- Ensures inventory records are maintained and shortages properly recorded. Operations Manager works with GM and supplier to maintain the proper inventory and profits
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, and evaluating the staff for Front Desk, and Custodial. At the direction of the GM, assist with the hiring and training of other departments.
- Ensures all employees complete required training in the prescribed timeframes and follows-up to ensure training is properly recorded in the training database.
- Develops, reviews, and approves department schedules to ensure they are within the budgeted guidelines and provide optimum coverage utilizing usage reports to serve as a tool in determining optimum scheduling for delivering excellent member services.
- Ensures all schedules are entered and maintained in club timekeeping system.
- Works with Department Team Leaders and GM on Human Resources and Payroll related requirements for all paperwork for new hires, timekeeping, payroll adjustments, time off requests, audits of employee time records, terminations, and all other employee matters in a timely manner.
Member Services Administration:
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: Guest Waivers, Tanning Waivers, sales/follow up by other management staff as needed, audits and reports, and member renewals.
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: AP management, deliveries, POS reviews.
- Ensures all Company policies and procedures are consistent by clearly understanding them in order to properly train, communicate, and explain to employees.
- Provides coaching or corrective action with employees to ensure job responsibilities are met and members serviced. Prepares documentation to support the action.
- Teach on the spot coaching to Team Leaders to assist in their development.
- Conducts daily walkthroughs of facility using checklist of direct areas of responsibility or entire organization in the absence of or direction of the GM to ensure that the organization is clean, safe, and maintained.
- Inventory administration. Maintains department inventory supplies to ensure the organization is in stock at all times by accurate record keeping.
- Orders supplies for front desk, towels, janitorial, pool/spa, POS, equipment parts, office. Maintains expense control of supplies.
- Manages all Purchase Orders.
- Participates in the annual Health Department Inspections with inspector. Check and review status per count rules and regulations.
- Inspects equipment daily for preventative maintenance or repairs.
- Prepares equipment repair list and follows-up to ensure repairs are completed.
- Follows up to make sure the Equipment Maintenance Log is completed daily.
- Responsible for managing employee or member injury/accident incidents by investigating incident, completion of forms, follow-up on safety area, and report all facts to Human Resources and District Management.
- Conducts weekly department team leader meetings for direct report departments and/or in conjunction with GM for all departments. As well as conducting monthly all-staff meetings to effectively communicate pertinent Club and Corporate policies as directed by GM.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of one-year prior supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in scheduling plus.
- Previous inventory control experience.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Experience in the service industry.
- Computer literate – proficient with MS Office.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organization and strong time management skills.
- Work quality must be highly accurate, timely, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Excellent task completion and follow-through skills.
- Current CPR certification or ability to pass CPR certification within 60 days.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well with all parties
- Maintaining focus on a sometimes hectic and evolving environment.
Job Title: Store Keeper
- Store and release supplies or equipment.
- Compile the records of the supplies.
- Checking the supplies from time to time.
- Record the number and the kinds of supplies.
- Disseminate the supply in its designated areas.
- Securing the status of each supply.
- Should possess relevant qualification.
- Must be able to read and write.
- High moral character and integrity.
- Prior experience in the role above will be an added advantage.
Job Title: General Manager
- In the role of hotel manager you would be responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff.
- You would have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
- In larger hotels, managers often have a specific remit (guest services, accounting, marketing) and make up a general management team.
- While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximise profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests’ needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements.
Managerial duties vary depending on the size and type of hotel, but will include:
- Planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
- Promoting and marketing the business;
- Panaging budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
- Maintaining statistical and financial records;
- Setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
- Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
- Meeting and greeting customers;
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
- Ensuring security is effective;
- Carrying out inspections of property and services;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
Applicants with an HND or degree in the following disciplines may apply:
- Business with Languages;
- Business or Management;
- Hotel and Hospitality Management;
- Travel, Tourism or Leisure Studies.
You will need to have:
- A friendly personality and a genuine desire to help and please others;
- The ability to think clearly and make quick decisions;
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills;
- A professional manner and a calm, rational approach in hectic situations;
- The ability to balance customer and business priorities;
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Energy and patience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with speakers of other languages.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Note and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th March, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted