Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse.
SDN has five pillar issues that represent significant long held grievances and acute problems that we are trying to resolve. These are: Access to Energy, Democratisation, Environment, Resilient Communities, and Resource Governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting To: The Chief Financial Officer and the Nigeria Country Director
- To implement and promote strong financial and administration management within the Nigeria organisation through effective policies, systems and robust internal controls.
- This role will require the individual to take full responsibility for the finance and administration operations of SDN in Nigeria and contribute to the successful delivery of programmatic objectives through financial budgeting, planning, reporting, internal controls and adherence to donor grant terms and conditions.
- The role will have a strong emphasis on building the capacity of the organisation and instilling a culture of integrity, transparency, learning and continuous improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Financial Management – 40%
- Administration and Contract Management – 30%
- Organisation Strategy and Management – 30%
- Ensure robust policies, systems and controls govern all financial processes and transactions
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded within the accounting system
- Lead the monthly review of key financial processes
- Ensure all internal and external project reporting requirements are met to a high standard
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with grant and donor guidelines
- Ensure bank and petty cash setup meets organisational, programmatic and donor requirements
- Lead the statutory and programmatic audit processes by liaising with auditors and providing all information in a timely manner
- Oversee and lead the budgeting process (both company and projects) including monitoring and reforecasting of expenditure
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met
- Lead the relationship with our external stakeholders to keep up to date with the latest issues and trends and bring SDN matters to a resolution, e.g. tax, regulation, audit, banking
Administration and Contract Management:
- Take full responsibility for the organisation understanding and being compliant with all terms and conditions of grants and funds received.
- Ensure that systems, policies and processes are in place for full compliance with terms and conditions of grants and funds received.
- Ensure the process of employee recruitment and staff appraisals are effective
- Assist in the design and upkeep of SDN policies and guidelines
- Ensure the procurement of goods and services meets grant requirements and always gives the best value for money through a transparent and structured process
- Ensure the daily operations of the office run effectively through management of service staff and service providers, e.g. drivers, cleaning staff, internet services, landlord services and tenants
- Ensure that our safety and security policies and practices are in place and that there is a process to record and correct risks and incidents.
- Ensure all necessary company regulatory registrations, filings and documentation are up to date and maintained
- Ensure all project and donor contract documentation is maintained and accessible
- Ensure employee contracts and information is up to date and maintained
- Ensure the monthly payroll process is documented, transparent and recorded effectively and meets all salaries, taxes and pension requirements
Organisation Strategy and Management:
- Support the Nigeria Country Director in implementing the SDN mission and vision in the Niger Delta
- Participate in the monthly programmatic review process and ensure that financial issues are well known and addressed
- Support the Nigeria Country Director in fundraising efforts
- Partner with the Nigeria Country Director to ensure that the operational and financial requirements of the organisation are met.
- Minimum education of a postgraduate degree plus full membership of ICAN, and ideally with an MBA/CPA/ACA
- Ability to translate financial concepts to programmatic staff and effectively collaborate with non-financial colleagues
- Strong track record in NGO grant management and donor reporting
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft packages and a recognised accounting software package
- Commitment to development of staff and the organisation
- Commitment to instilling a culture of integrity, transparency, learning and continuous improvement
- Spoken and written fluency in English with strong communication skills
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience, ideally 5+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Proven experience of managing and developing staff
- Proven experience of having final responsibility for delivering high quality and content of all financial data through strong internal processes and controls
- Proven experience of maintaining a control environment through strong policies, processes and internal controls
- Proven experience in financial reporting and audit coordination
- Preferably has experience in running a human resources department
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] and [email protected]
Application Deadline 26th March, 2018
Note: Your application will be reviewed but only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.