Stakeholder Democracy Network is an International non-governmental organization that helps facilitate community development from a rights-based perspective. SDN operates in the Niger Delta where it is trying to help the communities affected by oil exploitation and the challenges of resource curse.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Programme Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: Programme Manager
- The Assistant Programme Manager role supports the Programme Manager in oversight of the high-quality delivery of SON projects.
- The role requires the individual to work closely with all project teams to ensure the completion and success of all projects and processes.
- The role will have a strong emphasis on building the capacity of the organisation in project implementation, successful delivery of project outcomes and reporting.
- To ensure SDN achieves high quality outcomes and progressive change in the Niger Delta by ensuring SDN projects are managed and implemented to high standards.
- Monitor workloads and team member allocations across alt projects and ensure projects are adequately staffed.
- To represent SDN and build networks which enable it to further its programmatic work
- Manage donor relationships and ensure all donor compliance requirements are met, including donor reporting
- Represent SON at external events, to donors and project partners, as necessary.
- To support the development of new projects and fundraising for these
- Support the Country Director’s fundraising strategy to ensure it fits with SON’s vision and mission in the Niger Delta.
- To oversee the delivery of SDN projects, and provide technical support to project teams, to ensure projects achieve their outcomes:
- Monitor project progress across all projects, meet with all project managers on a weekly basis, and ensure SDN’s planning, project management and implementation, and monitoring, evaluation and learning processes are applied consistently across all projects. This includes ensuring core documentation (e.g. work plans, log frame, budget) is maintained, regularly reviewed and updated; support project managers with activity planning, delivery and coordination of project teams; ensuring reporting requirements and deadlines are met; and issues are escalated to senior management for decision- making, as necessary.
- To provide technical support to project teams and ensure the necessary skills, resources and processes are in place to deliver projects to a high standard
- Post graduate degree in Social Sciences or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme/project management in the development sector
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and program administration of grants knowledge of major donor rules and regulations, and the ability to manage multi- donor funding
- Ability to constructively engage with a wide range of stakeholders, from vulnerable groups to senior government officials; networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
Monthly Salary Range: NGN300,000 – 400,000.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s as a single document to: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected] with “Assistant Programme Manager” in subject line
Application Deadline 11th September, 2018.