Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Operations division of Standard Bank is at the very centre of all the bank’s procedures, enabling and optimising our Corporate and Investment Banking activities. We develop prototype concepts into robust, reliable solutions, constantly evolving our existing product range to help the bank maintain a competitive lead with our global clients. We are also in demand as internal consultants to the business, helping to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems. As part of this role we now seek an experienced Reconciliation professional, who will help guide our work to fulfill our ambitious growth strategy
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: TPS Client Access Officer (Country)
Job ID: 12731
The Transactional Products and Services division is the engine that works constantly within Standard Bank to evolve and extend our range of products and client services. Split across three specialised functions, our teams work with organisations ranging from corporate clients and pension fund administrators through to asset managers and individual global investors. Our team now needs an experienced and highly capable Client Access Officer to optimise our range of solutions.
To contribute to the execution of a Client Access Strategy and formulate tactical steps towards implementation of the same.
- Execution of strategies across Client Implementation, Network Management and Channel Access functions
- Understand the dynamics of Client Access with a view to assess market trends, identify new business opportunities or competitive threats across the region.
- Capture competitor intelligence and regulatory information and use it to develop or reinforce our competitive edge
- Ensure continuous and appropriate level of engagement with stakeholders involved in the delivery of the client’s channel experience, to deliver measured improvement in channel delivery from service, productivity and risk management perspectives
- Sponsor group Client Access initiatives and ensure that action plans are in place to achieve targeted results
- Execute marketing collateral in line with business strategies.
Client Access Management:
- To provide ongoing support into regional deals or RFPs and sponsor them to conclusion
- Drive utilization of all electronic channels and enablement of new functionality with clients
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the channel capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Actively participate in client events and functions, conduct client surveys to gain market intelligence, and communicate findings to the Head Client Access
- Execute the Group Channel Methodology (Standard Operating Model) and the key control standards
- Contribute to initiatives related to Client Experience Forums to entrench client centric culture
- Maintain stocklists of capabilities and points of representation of all physical and electronic channels supporting TPS clients
- Initiate enhancements on channels and networks to meet client requirements
- Manage client implementations, training and post implementation reviews to support and enhance client experience.
- Participate in training on new rollouts and functional changes
- Act as change agent to transform our profile in the marketplace
- Continuously contribute to product innovations.
- Efficient internal and external stakeholder communication and management
- Report and facilitate issues related to the performance of all channels in the country including the problem resolution process
- Participate and own personal development plans
- Ensure country compliance on audit, control and financial reporting standards as they relate to TPS Channel.
Key Performance Measure (Not exclusive):
- Increase revenues through channel utilization
- Shorter implementation cycles leading to faster realization of revenues
- Management of dormancy targets
- Management and delivery of utilization targets
- Improvement of turnaround time of implementations
- Standardization of implementation procedures
- Documentary compliance
- Audit results across region
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree (preferably Honours Degree) or experience
- 1 – 3 years of Transaction Banking experience
- Have previously worked in either direct cash/trade sales/channel role
- Relevant client and/ or banking experience in the Africa region
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT
- Thorough operations and systems knowledge
- Solutions thinking: Identifies business opportunities/gaps; draws on and integrates information from a range of relevant sources and stakeholders to realise integrated solutions; forward thinking;
- Relationship building: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, build and /or initiate effective relationships with others (colleagues, stakeholders and customers); builds and maintain credibility with others
- Team work: Participates as a member of a team and uses a flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals
- Change management: Comfortable with and adapts to change; drives and facilitates the implementation of and acceptance of change with the team; acts as a change Agent – models, identifies and supports new behaviour which supports the realization of the business strategy
- Project management: Takes multiple simultaneous tasks/projects/initiatives through to completion within or before defined timelines; reflects the ability to plan, organise and control; effective continuous communication of project status to identified stakeholders
- Effective communication: Communicates effectively in a verbal, non-verbal and written manner; confident and comfortable communicating with a wide range of cultures, audiences and organizational groups and management levels
- Resilience: Maintains effective job performance, relationships and personal credibility when under pressure; seeks out and responds positively to constructive feedback; remains motivated, focused and displays a positive attitude regardless of difficult circumstances.
- Integrity: Follows defined codes of conduct and ethical principles in a manner that supports the social, ethical and organizational norms; remains honest and objective and lives the SB values; creates a sense of trust and goodwill through being motivated to always ‘do the right thing’
- Results/Quality driven: Instils a sense of urgency and motivation to provide superior delivery/output in terms of responsiveness, efficiency and turnaround times; driven to produce high quality work, motivated to achieve own work-related and business goals; drives tasks through to completion
- Pro-active: Continually searches for new ideas and approaches and recommends these; initiates action to achieve goals beyond what is required; solution focused, optimistic and enjoys new challenges
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online