Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fund Reporting Analyst – SIAML
Location: Lagos (Lagos Island)
Job ID: 47054
Job Sector: Banking
- The main purpose of the Fund Reporting Analyst is to execute the day to day accounting functions of the managed funds of SIAML. These functions include keeping proper accounting records, reconciliations, valuations and generating fund prices, rendering returns to regulatory authorities.
- The Analyst, Fund Reporting is also expected carry out the financial reporting and financial accounting functions of SIAML managed funds thereby ensuring that reports generated are in accordance with local and international accounting and regulatory guidelines.
- A successful execution of the job steers the generation of valuation for the mutual funds, provision of reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as preparation of the financials for the mutual funds.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Generate valuation for the respective mutual funds being managed by Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited (‘SIAML”):
- Postings of journals and settlement transactions
- Generation of valuation reports of the respective managed funds
- Distribution of the valuation reports to stakeholders
- Saving of valuation reports
Maintaining the General Ledger for the Mutual Funds:
- Daily posting of entries into the General Ledger of the Mutual Funds
- Daily reconciliation of the Valuation reports against the General ledger
- Daily sign-off of such reconciliation
Timeliness in preparation of the audit schedules and the audited financials for the respective funds:
- Execution of relevant and applicable financial reporting standards and assessment of their impact on current processes and procedures
- Providing support towards planning and coordination of audit engagements for the respective managed funds and portfolios
- Execution of the applicable financial reporting standards
- Preparation of the audit schedules and financial statements
- Engage the external auditors and participate in the timely completion of the statutory audits
Proactive in dealing with technical issues arising from changes in reporting framework and standards:
- Contributing to the activities and development of the Fund Reporting team
- Escalate all issues and challenges affecting the team and the output they produce to the Head, Fund Reporting and engage the Technology team to resolve them
- Provide technical and financial advice to other units and departments thereby assessing the impact of current processes and reporting activities
- Preparation of returns to the Securities and Exchange Commission (monthly, quarterly and half yearly)
- Adhere to compliance with all the local statutory and regulatory filings, financial and management reporting.
- Ensure that all matters relating to financial accounting, management accounting, taxation, balance sheet and capital structure management, market risk analysis and management and regulatory reporting are executed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the Group’s accounting policies and other regulatory guidelines
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent Honours degree in Economics; Accounting, Finance; Actuarial Science, Statistics, Banking & Finance or any related field.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Financial Reporting
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Financial System Administration
- Asset Management
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Financial Accounting
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified