Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on January 7th, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery 1 Teacher
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- SBS Lekki is seeking to engage a well groomed and experienced Nursery and early Year’s teachers to contribute to nurturing and developing the knowledge, abilities, and social skills of children from three to five years old in the school. Candidate would also help in preparing them for primary school education.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Organizing and supervising play and work activities (for example reading, music, playtime, and circle). Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, using the Early Years Foundation Stage as a framework.
- Liaising with parents, guardians, school administrator, and phonologist. Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning time, dancing maintaining records.
- Monitoring and recording progress of each child. We require the teacher to be an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
Educational Qualification / Background:
- Must have early years teacher status (EYTS).
- Must have a degree in Education or a minimum of NCE / HND / B.Sc / B.Ed in related discipline. Other professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Candidate must possess GCSEs (at least grade C) or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Must have training and certifications in phonics.
- Candidate must be a female and must be committed, long standing and passionate Nursery or EYTS Early Years teacher. She will be responsible for building and nurturing Early Years pupils.
- She must be a young lady between with soft and smart skills.
- Candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other learning platforms
- Teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- Candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary
- Candidate must have a good diction.
Years of Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of cognate experience.
- Professional Certification (s): EYTS Early Years Teachers.
Skills, Attributes and Technical proficiency:
- Responsibility, Adaptability, Patience, Resourcefulness, Creativity. A good sense of humor and decorator.
- Must be warm towards children.
- A Disciplined and good listener.
- Young, Vibrant, Active, Sociable, Good Mannered, passionate, Punctual at work.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 13th January, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.