Posted on :
10 Feb, 2010
10 Feb, 2010
Primarily focused on Asset Backed Finance (ABF) product management and sales which will include execution of the ABF product for West Africa Countries and growing the ABF portfolio in West Africa.
ABF, as a secured lending product, has been defined as a strategic product to exploit our AIRB Advantage under Basel II to maximize RWA efficiency.
The direct reporting line for the person would be into LC head for Nigeria and dotted line into ABF Africa Head.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Lead the structuring process for deal clearance and preparation of term sheet along with the RMs.
– Joint effort with RMs to oversee name clearance process, BCA process and deal completion.
– ABF Team / RM joint Client calls and assistance in selling product features as part of the deal origination process.
– Build, replenish and maintain a steady and health pipeline of ABF clients and prospects.
– Advise RM on appropriate pricing of ABF structure.
– Explore Tie-ups with equipment manufacturers/ auto manufacturers / dealers along with RMs.
– Achieve agreed ABF budget for assets & revenue for ABF West Africa.
– Actively work with key internal counterparties (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Credit, Operations, Finance, etc.) to set up streamline business process for Asset Backed Finance .
– Clarify any queries on legal documentation / PPGs / CAs.
– Ongoing training of RMs, Credit & CRC on the product.
– Perform industry research and industry analysis on the Bank targeted industry and segments.
– Oversee and monitor the lending portfolio in regards to assets, revenue, risk and return on RWA, etc.
Job Qualifications & Skills
– Business or accounting related B.Sc University degree(2:2 Minimum).
– MBA/ACA preferred.
– Several years experience in a corporate banking environment is required of which a few years should be of managing corporate client relationships.
– Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, personal banking products and international banking products.
– Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
– A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
– Strong awareness of in-house network systems and good PC skills.
– Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
– High quality experience in a credit management position.
– In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.