Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner – Retail Banking, Corporate Affairs and Brands & Marketing
Job ID: 516601
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: Human Resources
Full/Part Time: Full time
- The role holder will be the interface between business and HR and will be responsible for formulating and delivering the relevant HR agenda for Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CAB&M), creating an effective, efficient organisation where maximising performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction.
- Partnering with relevant business heads, senior managers, functional partners and stakeholders, the role holder will drive and enable sustainable business performance.
- The role holder will need to manage people processes, ensuring levels of capabilities and performance are aligned with current and future business requirements and also deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice, ensuring that this is in line with the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the relevant senior managers, business heads, functional heads and stakeholder to drive and enable sustainable business performance.
- Create an effective, efficient organisation where maximising performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction in order to enhance capability and mitigate people-related risks.
- Ensure that the Country HR agenda for Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CAB&M) is well aligned with the Global HR agenda for Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing.
- Deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice, ensuring that this is aligned to the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
- Develop the HR strategy and people priorities that enable sustainable performance and growth of Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CAB&M) across the Country.
- Identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, processes and behaviours to drive the Country wide Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CAB&M)’s strategy
- Continuously review the relevant operating models to align these with the overall business strategy, using all available data to sasses effectiveness, demonstrating proactively in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment
- Develop an efficient, effective organisation, where maximising performance and engagement is central to all interactions in order to mitigate people-related risks and enhance capability.
- Ensure high performance and consistent deliver of the relevant people agendas across through building effective working relationships with relevant HR colleagues across the business.
- Manage people processes (performance, reward, resourcing and talent) to ensure levels of capabilities and performance satisfy current and future requirements of the business
- Formulate and deliver the relevant Country HR agenda for Retail Banking & Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing (CAB&M).
- Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision-making
- Drive Country wide performance and measurement requirements to support business deliverables
- Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on all people related matters across [Retail Banking & CAB&M (e.g. P3, Talent Management and Mobility) to drive consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at regional/country level.
- Represent and champion HR in all interactions with business stakeholders, and in turn represent the Retail Banking & CAB&M’s ’ agenda and priorities to the wider HR Community as well as providing insight and context into global HR product and process design and development.
- Support, Engage with and coach relevant stakeholders in configuring and deploying people policies, processes and products processes to drive business performance and engagement
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to help drive global and/or Retail Banking & CAB&M specific change initiatives with stakeholders and wider teams
- Drive and coordinating ad hoc projects and deliverables that relate to the Retail Banking & CAB&M’s ’ people agenda
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes (e.g. salary/bonus review, talent management processes, recruitment processes) as they relate to [product, segment or function ] and the HR function
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulation
People and Talent:
- Lead the team to deliver specific projects and deliverables, as determined by the HR and Retail Banking & CAB&M’s scorecard
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Develop and embed a high performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity
- Develop talent to ensure a high quality succession pipeline at all levels and sponsor ongoing development activities that focus on the identified high performing and high potential individuals within the businesses
- Focus on inter-region and global talent opportunities and pipelines
- Lead by example, building the appropriate culture and values, using effective leadership, coaching and engagement
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
- Understand the risk and control environment in HR’s area of responsibility, driving rectification, as required
- Co-ordinate global and major thematic risk & control responses within Retail Banking & CAB&M as part of the global process
- Support the effective implementation of the Risk Management framework within the role remit
- Ensure effective processes are in place to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
- Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile of Retail Banking & CAB&M, including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with relevant audit report findings across Retail Banking & CAB&M and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
Competencies (Knowledge and Skills):
- Please note, the below ‘Essential’ and ‘Desirable’ attributes have been stipulated as being guidelines for the role. Successful candidates will need to have some understanding/experience in all areas and have strength in at least one of these areas.
- Proven experience of designing and delivering an HR agenda in line with Business and People priorities
- Knowledge of change management and driving organisational effectiveness
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various HR products and how to implement them across the country and globally.
- Understanding and practical experience of managing high complexity employee relations/change management activities e.g. restructuring, M&A, managing redundancies
- Knowledge of the latest HR trends, best practices and how to successfully apply them
- Significant experience of being an HR Business Partner
- Knowledge of financial services
- Strong understanding of business function including key products, key roles, operating model and strategic agenda
- Understanding of financials (e.g. interpreting financial statements, budgeting, project accounting)
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Professional Qualification in Business Management / Human Resources
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: Desirable – Professional certifications in HR
- Bank training: Not Applicable
- Languages: English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below