Posted on :
22 Jul, 2009
22 Jul, 2009
Standard Chartered Bank is leading the way in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This unique global focus enables our people to make a difference in the world’s most exciting emerging markets.
Standard Chartered Bank is now recruiting for a Financial Analyst.
To collate information from the bank’s records and render periodic regulatory returns to CBN relating to:
* Invisible trade
* Letters of Credit
* Import bills
* Exports Transactions
* Capital Importation
* Purchase and Sales of Foreign Exchange
* Provide reports required for regulatory examination exercises
* Support the FC in liaison with Local Regulatory authorities
* Check the accuracy of all inputs from Trade dept and the branches
* Undertake key controls self assessments
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Local Trade Reporting
* Up load, update and deliver all local Trade returns timely
* Under the supervision of the reporting manager respond to and resolve all Local Trade Reporting issues
* Provide other reports/returns required by CBN/ NDIC/ NASB.
* Regulatory Examinations and Audits
* Provide the necessary schedules and information required by the following parties in relation to the examination of the Bank¿s books of accounts:
* CBN and NDIC on routine and spot examination
* CBR Officer for the Bank
* Inward and Outward CBRs and Remittances.
* All intercompany transactions
* Carry out other task assigned by Line Manager and the Financial Controller
Qualifications & Skills
* Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus several years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
* Good working knowledge of the Local Regulatory requirements and Group Accounting practice supplemented by all round Banking experience.
* Working experience of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data.
* Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
* Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines.
To apply visit the link below, and select location as ‘Nigeria’.