Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Cash, TB, Nigeria & West Africa
Ref No: 2200003716
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- To execute the Global Transaction Banking (TB) strategy for Cash regionally, managing a multi-functional regional team, including transactional sales (all client segments); client implementation and service, account management and product management.
- This role has supervisory responsibilities and therefore the Bank’s supervisory principles must be followed
- To manage P& L, Pricing, risk and governance for Nigeria and West Africa
- To deepen Cash products penetration with focus on OPAC growth
- Execute and manage the Global TB strategy in the Region, adapting as required for Regional / Local needs
- Provide input to Regional TB Cash Head, in refining and developing strategy and enhancing products
- Commercialise cash product capabilities and cross sell
- Work with ITO especially CMO in developing and delivering the Target Operating Model which will optimise delivery of the strategy.
- Ensure delivery of Bank’s conduct agenda throughout business.
- Accountable for the Regional performance of the Cash business including revenue and costs, as well as liabilities
- Accountable for the management of Regional functional teams to achieve specific targets within Regional budgets.
- Manage the delivery of Cash strategies for the region, including investment, appropriate governance and oversight
- Represent the Cash business at ALCO, and ensure regional cash product delivery for the Region, in support of liability optimisation strategies
- Establish and maintain framework to ensure functions in Regional Cash business comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations
- Build market profile for the Bank and Cash business through development and delivery of regional Marketing strategies
- Senior sponsorship of select, large cash intensive Client relationships.
- Own all the Cash processes allocated to me in the Region as part of the Group’s process universe
- Accountable to risk control owners and/or Group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance, and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Responsible for management of the processes supporting the Cash business (in line with the Group’s process universe as set out in the Group Operational Risk Framework for the region) and associated risks including activities which are carried out by other businesses or functions or which are hubbed or outsourced.
People and Talent:
- Responsible for recruiting and managing staff in Cash business in line with Target Operating Model
- Provide effective leadership across Cash business to promote sustainable high-quality business performance.
- Act as the key end to end focal point for Cash performance, liaising as required with Coverage, FM, and ITO within Region, and globally as appropriate.
- Lead a top team capable of ensuring delivery of the Cash business’ short and longer-term objectives through:
- Coaching, guidance, and management of the team to ensure they deliver against the financial, non-financial and risk/control objectives.
- Identifying and addressing the top issues/opportunities for performance improvement across the team.
- Driving an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the wider Group, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner.
- Developing succession plans that identify gaps in bench-strength; subsequently implementing action plans to ensure ready-now talent is available.
- Be a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the region.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognisant of regulatory, reputational and ethical risks
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Regional / Country Heads and Group/governance committees, as appropriate.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Ensure compliance with all client due diligence (CDD), anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions policies and procedures.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Freedom of Decision Making:
- The identification and recommendation of new products and the modification of existing products to meet market opportunities and threats in a timely manner
- Creating and building business cases for sign off to justify the recommendations regarding new products and modifications to existing products.
- Use relevant discretions from stakeholders to execute product programmes and launches, in conjunction with TB Sales.
- Participate in the decision making of product positioning and pricing policies to ensure that profitable business is secured.
- Deliver initiatives and solutions that support the business strategy and support revenue targets for products and markets in the assigned portfolio
Our Ideal Candidate:
Group Mandatory e-learning:
- Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Sanctions
- Group Code of Conduct
- (iSAFE) Information Security Awareness for Everyone
- Living with HIV
- Reputation Risk
- Introduction to Operational Risk in Standard Chartered Bank
- Anti Bribery – Mitigating Bribery Risk
- Health Safety & Environment.
Know-how and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of the Cash Products and client needs
- In depth knowledge of the markets in Nigeria and West Africa: their features, customers and competitors.
- Competent at managing a highly varied customer and product base across diverse markets.
- Working knowledge of back office systems architecture.
- Cultural and diversity awareness.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation both internally within SCB and externally.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in the markets, customer requirements, competitor activity and the Bank’s abilities – ability to use this information to identify opportunities and gaps.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th May, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM