Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Manager (RM), Non Resident Indian Acquisition
Location: Africa & Middle East-Nigeria – Lagos
Job ID: 2100017889
Employee Status: Permanent
Job: Retail Banking
The Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for NRI targets by driving profitable revenue and volume growth from the portfolio with a focus on, client Acquisition (qualified), deepening of existing customer relationships and cross sell thereby improving market and customer share of wallet with the Bank
- Client Acquisition
- Portfolio growth
- Revenues growth
- Cost Management
- Service Excellence
- Operational Excellence and Compliance
- Acquire NTB Non-Resident Affluent India clients for SCB Nigeria as well as generate NTB referrals to SCB India by pitching the NRI CVP through various sourcing channels including open market sourcing, lead generation through events, EB tie-ups, referrals from ETB clients
- Acquiring and Qualifying NTB NRI clients to bank’s segment thresholds (Priority & Premium).
- Ensure bank charges / terms and conditions are clearly communicated to all clients.
- Activate NTB clients, set up and guide clients on remote channel usage i.e., Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Debit Card Activation through Client Centre.
- Provide professional client service to achieve a high percentage of client satisfaction and retention. Serve as the one-point contact to the High Net Worth NRI clients of the Bank
- Generate new business to achieve defined targets in terms of no. of clients, FUM and revenue for the segment
- Follow Daily Sales Plan and Contact Ratios to acquire prospective clients through referrals.
- Ensure coverage of client base in accordance with the approved contact plans.
- Maintain complete and detailed knowledge of all the assigned products.
- Have complete knowledge of the client base in terms of the profile, demographics & psychographics, and assets in the Bank.
- Coordinate client events for the unit along with the product team.
- Maintain accurate and up to date activity records in daily sales log or CEMs
- Ensure account opening TAT is adhered to (Target TAT of 3 days).
- Timely dispatch of all original documents including AOFs and Service request forms to SCB India post processing of the request within the agreed timelines (10 days)
- Ensure error free application and documentation. All documents provided by the client for completion of the account opening or customer instruction/service forms should be duly checked prior to submission.
- Ensure that the sales process prescribed by the bank is fully adhered to.
- To ensure that no client application is misplaced and all AOFs and client documentation is kept in safe custody.
- Liaise with dedicated service team (Nigeria/India Ops) on all customer service requirements and ensure that all individual client queries are dealt with promptly
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: “identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
- Ensure compliance with the bank policies on an ongoing basis and report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer.
- Ensure adherence to the overall risk management framework of the bank including operational risk and sale governance framework.
- Ensure knowledge of all policies and procedures in relation to AML/CDD guidelines.
- Ensure “Customer Due Diligence” requirements as prescribed by the bank are duly adhered to.
- Ensure full awareness of bank guidelines and Operational Risk / Governance policies related to Mis-selling etc & comply the same.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve overall operational risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure Compliance with Minimum Control Standards on Customer Data Confidentiality
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns including escalation to all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure strict adherence to all group standards of AML/CDD guidelines, Compliance procedures and Processes. All the legal, operational and compliance guidelines provided by the bank are adhered to.
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Responsible for the segment compliance on all segment SPD.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Affluent Banking Team, SCB Nigeria
- NR Segment Team, SCB India
- Client Service Manager, SCB India
- Operational Risk Team, SCB Nigeria
- Client Onboarding Team, SCB India
- Sky Team- SCB India
- Product Team
- WM Team
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Nigeria / CPBB / team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Academic or Professional Education / Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles –
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific, E Learning – Anti Money laundering, Conflict of Interest, Rejecting bribery & Understanding Sanctions, Relationship Management
- Languages; i.e. those required for roles
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 26th July, 2021, 11:59:00 PM