Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: 2020 Graduate Programme – Associate – Financial Markets
Job ref.: SDFMNG20
About the Programme
We understand that a graduate programme isn’t for everyone and you may prefer to move straight into a full-time job. We offer a wide range of entry-level positions across sales, trading and capital markets within Financial Markets:
- Financial Markets (FM) is an essential part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of Standard Chartered Bank spanning across Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the UK and US. FM business combines an in-depth knowledge of local markets with global products expertise to offer the best financial solutions.
- It provides reliable access to a wide range of currency markets, accurate local market information, efficient risk management strategies, and capital raising as well as liquidity management solutions for its clients. FM delivers value through the following businesses.
- Capital Markets Team primarily acts as an arranger in debt financing of corporates, financial Institutions and banks. It has capabilities in origination, structuring, execution of primary issuances and securitisation of retail and corporate asset portfolios of Standard Chartered Bank and other banks.
- The business involves constant interaction with clients to understand their borrowing requirements, advising them and structuring debt instruments accordingly while keeping in mind investor preference.
- Financial Markets Sales delivers comprehensive financing, risk management and investment solutions to the Bank’s corporate, government, and institutional clients. The team works hand-in-hand with origination, structuring, research, and trading to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients across Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities.
- Trading functions such as Commodities, Fixed Income Trading (FX, rates, credit and structured products) – primarily responsible to generate revenue out of trading / proprietary positions and market making for our inter-bank counterparties. Also responsible to price and offer extensive products across FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities to suit every client’s need.
- You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.
- For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you’re applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply