Standard Chartered Bank operate in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and have been for over 150 years. More than 90 per cent of our income and profits are derived from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Limited provides personal and commercial banking services. The bank’s products include current and saving accounts, debit and credit cards, and loans. Additionally, it offers bancassurance, mortgage financing, Internet and mobile banking, telegraphic transfer, and electronic statement printing services. The bank was founded in 1999 and is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Limited operates as a subsidiary of Standard Chartered PLC.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Branch Operations Manager
Job ID: 388391
Job Function: Consumer Banking
Location: Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria – SCB
- Formulating, implementing, managing and coordinating processes / operations in branch to maximise operational health and continued branch stability in an efficient operation where risks are well controlled.
- Create, develop and manage Branch’s based service delivery channels e.g. Cash Sites, card based products, etc and ensure their optimal contribution to banks profitability.
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
Branch Operations & Support
- Responsible with Branch Manager for the setting of branch operations objectives, performing their respective appraisals as well as their training / development.
- Responsible for achieving the satisfactory grades in branch audits.
- Responsible for the provision of support, advice and guidance to the branch network regarding all areas of operations.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of the Branch assets & Custodian of Key register
- Dual custodian for Branch vault
- Ensure the reconciliation and control of the various branch suspense accounts and that outstanding are well managed.
- Responsible for supervising the ATM custodian and ensuring proper reconciliation of ATM related accounts.
- Monitor Frauds & forgeries in the region and recommend / implement appropriate actions to minimize occurrence of the same.
- Manage/control the activities of your direct reports & ensure that they are consistently appraised, motivated & performance is optimized.
- Account Opening/Static data processing and control
- Responsible for implementing, & managing automated distribution channels in Branches e.g. card based services, ATM’s
- ensuring associated projects comply with group requirements on controls.
- Responsible for monitoring & controlling branch costs
- Responsible for Finance process re-engineering (reimbursement by H/O)
Operational Risk Policy
- Ensures all Branch operation practices comply with risk and compliance procedures & processes.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating areas of risk / loss and or system inefficiencies typically NOT covered by ORP documentation to UORM and wherever possible finding solutions to the aforementioned risks.
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / KCSA issues relating to the branch.
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
- Act as OR Coordinator for the section
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- Responsible for consolidation & submission of all Branch
- Operational Risk documentation to UORM.
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- Initiate and coordinate efforts in implementing new regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of ongoing monitoring and issue resolution
- Conduct the relevant risk training for the line staff.
- Act as business partner to provide OR advise on new business products and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing the relevant control measures and monitoring plans
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
Operational Risk Monitoring
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations-responsible for reviewing the following reports:
- System ID Control Report
- Daily EOD Snapshot Report
- Branch Gateway Error Log – unprocessed transactions
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
- “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
- Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering
- Branch Clean up: Creation, generation & analysis of management reports on operational/risk issues.
- Create & implement processes/policies which will ensure that on-going operations are in order and which will result in superior delivery of services.
- Minimum university degree or equivalent with branch banking operations experience.
- High analytical and problem solving ability gained through professional & practical experience.
- Ability to work in a turbulent and un-predictable environment where responding and managing change is essential.
- Sound leadership, decision making and management abilities.
- Project management skills ranging from project planning to implementation.
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Branch Operations Manager