Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – Standard Chartered Bank provides personal and business banking services such as loans and mortgages, insurance and investment. We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement.
Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Area Manager
Job ID: 359416
- Overall responsibility for OCC activities in the Business Area.
- The Area Manager/RM would be responsible for Origination and would work closely as a team with the CA and CCM in deepening relationships and driving revenue growth.
- The Area Manager/RM is overall responsible for post deal account maintenance and managing the risk associated with the portfolio. He has an overview on CCM who holds direct responsibility for post transactional activities and the CA for credit related activities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify prospect and convert in line with Bank’s appetite.
- Ensure quality of the sales pitch and lead them with the clients. Also review the Term sheets before delivering to clients.
- Work with CA and obtain all pre-deal clearances.
- Effectively use CRM for managing a healthy pipeline and also a record of client calls and discussions.
- Oversee CCM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
- Senior client calling and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation. Also engage senior internal stakeholders for marketing, credit and any other pertinent issues.
- Actively drive cross sell of full range of WB products and capture entire client value chain
- Work closely with CA, product partners, GAM/FAM and analyze a) wallet size b) determine appropriateness of the product and c) work out a comprehensive account plan.
- Successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
- Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA for resolving Credit queries.
- Oversee the CCM to ensure all documentation and security creation are completed on time to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
- Liaising with Legal/external counsel/CRC in preparation and execution of non standard complex transactions along with product partners.
- Work with CDD team to ensure proper completion of eCDDs
Account Management & Portfolio Quality:
- Along with the product partner, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CCM in ensuring high utilization of regular WC facilities.
- Review Failed Trade status, EAR, ASTAR CCRT, etc with the CA to ensure discipline and quality in portfolio
- Review the excess/past due situation with CCM to ensure they are regularized and also facilitate approvals wherever required.
- Review and monitor the client profitability to ensure there are no revenue leakages.
- Attend various internal or external sales/ non sales meetings like EAR, CAT, MTM calls, Portfolio Review Meeting and convene the consortium meetings where we are the lead bank.
- Maintain record of Confidentiality Agreement (Sales Team Leader to maintain file & copies will also be held by signatories to the agreement)
- Overall responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio.
Qualifications & Skills
- University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 12 years Banking experience
- Strong Communication and people management Skills
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong Financial, analytical and writing skills.
- Thorough understanding of the bank’s products and credit policies
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Area Manager