Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. We strive to make Standard Chartered a great place to work by creating an engaging, inclusive and safe environment that rewards success and encourages employees to take control of their personal development.
At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
We are recruiting to fill the post of : Senior Client Coverage Manager ID#: 346719
- Primarily responsible for providing direct sales support on post origination activities like documentation, reporting, etc by engaging with client, CRC, legal, compliance, etc
- Active engagement with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and jointly responsible for the revenue growth
- Ensure high standards of hygiene (including OR, Portfolio management, Credit risk, etc) in the portfolio.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Strongly assist the RM in origination by preparing pitch book, industry leads, etc.
- Assist the RM and CA in preparing briefing notes for senior management visits.
- Document the client meetings attended by preparing a call report via the CRM system
- Ensure timely completion of account opening formalities of the client including collection of documents, signature verification etc., by liaising with cash operations & the CCM – Specialist teams.
- Work in partnership with FM to setup FEDS/MUREX ID and ISDA request
- Identify cross sell opportunities and work closely with relationship manager to sell full range of WB products and capture entire client value chain
2. Client on-boarding & deal execution
- Assist the RM in liaising with Legal & Compliance, CRC and clients to resolve documentation issues like T & C deviations for standard documents.
- Obtain approval for modification in standard documentation wherever necessary from appropriate authority.
- Ensure documentation is completed and the limits loaded properly to ensure faster execution of the transaction.
- Work with the CDD team to ensure eCDDs are created and renewed on time.
- Seek approval from various authorities for release of trade offerings and release the deal in IMEX.
3. Account Management and portfolio quality
- Actively engage with client and also with the product partners to ensure high level of utilization of regular limits
- Work closely with product partners for coordinating client training for non lending products. (Client training to be conducted by Product Partners.)
- Track past dues and excesses in the portfolio meticulously and ensure they are regularized on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and RM.
Qualifications & Skills
- University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years banking experience
- Strong Communication and people management Skills
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Strong Financial, analytical and writing skills.
- Thorough understanding of the bank’s products and credit policies
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, then click Senior Client Coverage Manager