Posted on :
30 Apr, 2011
30 Apr, 2011
Standard Chartered PLC (StanChart) was created in 1969 by the merger of the Standard Bank of British South Africa and the Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China. Both banks trace their roots to the 1800s, when British trade activities created a need for banking and financial institutions throughout the far reaches of the British Empire. A period of peaceful growth lasted into modern times—until 1986—when Britain’s Lloyds Bank attempted a hostile takeover. Standard Chartered Bank recruits SME Relationship Manager
– Portfolio Management
– Liability and asset generation
– Acquisition and managing of SME customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ businesses to enhance liabilities and revenues. The holder is to be the link between strategic and tactical / operational roles in the business.
– Acquisition of profitable new customers for the SME banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative restructuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
– Manage SME relationships
– New to bank aquisition of SME liabilities and assets
– Achieve budgeted growth in SME Banking within agreed and approved business risk parameters.
– Deepen and secure existing and new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
– Analyses and reviews quality of potentials and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
– Manages credit quality standards through effective management of risk according to the PDDs , Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) and other SCB/SME policies.
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
– Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
– Work in close partnership with Business Analysts and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with DOI’s and PDD’s.
– After considering of individual case merits, recommend credits for approval by relevant authorities.
– Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
Qualifications & Skills
• Good university degree in any discipline with proven track banking experience in a team leadership position
• Strong relationship and sales management skills
• Strong in analytics and numerate
• Strong credit skills. Credit skills assessment qualified or enrolled
• Trade skills assessment qualified or enrolled
• Possess strong ability to manage difficult customers/situations
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Vacancies in Nigeria Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Click on this link: http://www.standardchartered.com/careers/professional-hires/index.html
Click on Professional Search, Select Nigeria and Search to Apply