Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Statoil’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and US. DPI’s ambition is to ensure industry-leading safety and security performance in all our operations and partner-operated fields, while maximising value from producing fields. DPI oversees business and operations in 17 countries accross six continents. Key development projects are found in Angola, Brazil, Canada, UKCS and Tanzania. Angola produced 206,000 boe/d in 2014 which equals to around 10% of Statoil’s total production. This is the highest oil production in any one country outside Norway.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Consultant – Project Management & Control
Job Id: 232170
Contact Persons: Victor Ogwuda
- This position requires a candidate with business development experience in a wide range of projects and in all of the commercial aspects of business development, including economic analysis, value chain knowledge (particularly oil & gas upstream and midstream) and negotiation experience.
- Supporting the Asset Managers in developing, negotiating and maintaining commercial agreements relating to Statoil’s operated and partner operated assets and provide company representation at license meetings and/or follow-up of asset management strategies.
- Support the subsurface team in subsurface and commercial assessments.
- Be a link towards the authorities in relation to subsurface activities.
- Support in commercial work (both new and existing business opportunities), including the establishment of a business case and valuation, risk assessment, integrity due diligence, market and competitor analysis, transaction and contractual structure, as well bid strategy and negotiations.
- Keep continuously updated on developments in Nigeria regarding petroleum activities, legislation, politics, economics, competition, etc.
- Establish relationships with other relevant units in Statoil.
- Establish, build and sustain relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in Nigeria, in both business and politics as well as with the oil and gas industry in general.
- Ensure HSE, ethical practices and technical integrity (Statoil’s “non-negotiables”)
- Coordinate with other units in Statoil to assess and incorporate into commercial propositions matters of relevance related to legal, tax, financing and political and security risk.
- Coordinate the preparation of decision support documents and presentation of projects for decisions to relevant decision makers.
- Contribute to commercial negotiations with authorities and partners in cooperation with other internal units.
- Minimum university education – Bachelor’s degree within Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or data science disciplines with good academic record. An MBA with bias in oil and gas will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of oil & gas development and production in Nigeria preferred – with related personal network.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry and within a role that demonstrates high proficiency in commercial, economics and business analytics.
- Ability to live by “I am safety” expectations
- Ability to identify with and represent the company in accordance with its values: courageous, open, collaborative and caring
- Proactively engages and challenges all commercial contributors
- Solid understanding of technical business development disciplines
- Self-motivated and independent, proactive and perseverant
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Ability to perform and succeed under pressure
- High level of personal integrity and high ethical standards
- High level influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business understanding, involvement and stakeholder engagement skills
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018.