Stella Maris School, Abuja, is a very successful and flourishing co-educational private school in the heart of Abuja. We are academically selective and highly so, with everyone being above the average.
From the very first moment a child enters the school, they will benefit from an excellent academic education supported by highly qualified and experienced specialist staff and a large range of musical, creative, sporting and artistic opportunities which are essential for children’s all-round education and development. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guidance Counsellor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a Guidance Counselor with outstanding assessment and listening skills.
- A Guidance counselor should be accessible and authentic with excellent communication skills and a profound interest in helping students to attain their academic and career goals.
- Conducting individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluating students’ attributes and assisting them in realizing their objectives.
- Developing and implementing counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identifying behavioral problems and acting appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Paying attention to societal and cultural differences in all student matters.
- Assessing the development of students and highlighting their sense of accomplishment.
- Completing evaluations, analyzing results, and providing purposeful feedback.
- Cooperating with parents, academic staff, and external partners.
- Arranging and scheduling orientation programs and internships.
- Assist with school programs and events.
- Oversee and fulfill a guidance program designed to allow students to voice concerns without fear of punishment or judgment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling or a related degree.
- 3+ years of work experience as a counselor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
29th August, 2022.