Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor – National, Gas Based Captive Power Plant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting: Site Sr. Engineer => Site Construction Manager
- We are looking to fill a Quantity surveyor role. Quantity surveyors areresponsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects.
- Quantity surveyors manage the costs on a construction project. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget. QS can check the bill and obtaining report the site.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- He is the Quantity surveyor for Overseeing site and direct construction projects from conception to completion covering all Civil & Structural disciplines.
- Quantity surveyors are involved in all phases of a facility’s lifecycle such asfeasibility, design, construction, extension, refurbishment, maintenance, and demolition. The competencies of quantity surveyors are aimed at producing constructions that meet the client’s value system.
- Assist in establishing clients’ requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work.
- Prepare and analyses the cost of tender.
- Analyzing terms and conditions of the contract.
- Predicting potential risks in the project and taking precautions to mitigate such.
- Forecasting the costs of different resources needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets and other documentation.
- Tender management including preparation of bills of quantities, contract conditions and assembly of tender documents.
- Contract management and contractual advice.
- Valuation of construction work.
- Claims and Dispute management.
- Life Cycle Cost analysis.
- Value Engineering.
- Timely payment to subcontractors, vendors, suppliers etc.
- Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant proven experience in the Gas based Captive Power Plant, Intake system from river/ocean, Work Sequence planning, Water Treatment Plant, Gas/Steam Turbine Foundations, By-pass Stack Foundations, Large size of Tank Foundations, Steel Structures Fabrication & Erection, combined cycle power plant projects construction having large industrial Gas turbines. Person having Coal power plant experience shall not be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Previous experience working for the Owner, Consultant or EPC contractor on large CCGT projects is essential.
- Leadership and human resources management skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Readiness to be at site based in IPP/CPP (100%).
- Previous international experience is required.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Capable to read all Civil/Structural drawings and brief to downline.
- Capable to taking BBS from GA drawings
- Capable to checking the invoices/Bill/BOQ
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Quantity Surveyor – Captive Power Plant” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023.